Enlarge Organisational Chart
Science Communications & Interaction Platforms
A*STAR Interaction Platforms
- Includes the annual A*STAR Scientific Conference (A*SC) for A*STAR researchers and the A*STAR Chemistry Club for chemists across all research institutes to come together for exchange and seeding of research ideas.
A*STAR Research Publication
- Increases the mindshare of A*STAR in the global scientific community, for both biomedical sciences and physical sciences & engineering, through a single portal showcasing the wide range of research done at the various A*STAR research institutes and consortia. Also serves as a platform to foster interdisciplinary research in A*STAR (for more details click here).
Science & Technology Initiatives
Aimed at promoting multidisciplinary research in A*STAR, these initiatives are administered by the Joint Council Office:
- Strategic Programme - Aims to develop new capabilities in strategic areas for pre-positioning purpose by utilizing a targeted approach, which may involve starting up whole new suites of capabilities and talent.
- Development Programme (DP) Grants - Aims to foster the pursuit of new research areas in multidiscipinary approach while leveraging on A*STAR's existing capabilities in the biomedical sciences and the physical sciences and engineering A*STAR Research Institutes (for more details click here).
- Visiting Investigatorship Programme (VIP) - Aims to strengthen interdisciplinary research in A*STAR by tapping on world renowned experts as Visiting Investigators to develop capabilities and know-how, and in the progress groom local talent in key strategic areas identified as capabiliy gaps by the A*STAR Research Institutes (for more details click here).
- Project Grant (PG) - Supports bottom-up investigator-led research at A*STAR at the interface of the biomedical sciences and the physical sciences and engineering. One-year Exploratory Grants support early stage proof-of-concept research, while the Full Research Grants support projects with sufficient background work down for up to 3 years (for more details click here).
- Career Development Award (CDA) - Similar to the Project Grant and eligible to newly established researchers. CDA aims to provide a platform for early career development of young A*STAR researchers by enabling them to spearhead collaborative research projects at the interface of the biomedical sciences and the physical sciences and engineering (for more details click here).
International Relations & Partnerships