- Singaporeans and non-Singaporeans eligible and intending to take up Singapore citizenship
- Applicants must satisfy criteria for and seek admission into NTU, NUS and SUTD PhD programme.
- Must have obtained at least a 2nd Upper Class Honours Degree or equivalent in relevant disciplines.
- Good 'O' and 'A' level results/Polytechnic students who obtained a Diploma with Merit will also be considered.
- Applicants with a strong interest in a research career are preferred.
- Applicants may submit GRE scores (if available) to be included in the overall assessment of their scholarship application.
AGS scholars who pursue their PhD at NTU, NUS, or SUTD are not required to do a one year research attachment at A*STAR prior to their PhD.
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
Successful candidates will be given support for up to 4 years of academic pursuit. They will receive **:
- Full Tuition Fees
- Monthly sustenance allowance
- Book, computer, conference and thesis allowances
- Up to 12 months for overseas attachments
**All rates/allowances are subject to adjustments by A*STAR from time to time.
AGS(Singapore) scholars are eligible for up to 2 years of post-doctoral fellowship under AGS(PDF).
Singaporeans (at the point of award): No service commitment
Non-Singaporeans (at the point of award): 2-year service in Singapore-based companies^ without commitment to any specific organization. The area of work should preferably be in Biomedical Sciences, Physical Sciences or Engineering.
AGS (Singapore) scholars who are subsequently awarded the AGS(PDF) for overseas post-doctoral training : 1 year
^Singapore-based companies refer to local companies and international companies that have a base in Singapore and which is registered with the Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA).
Application has to be made both through NTU/ NUS / SUTD and A*STAR. Please observe instructions indicated.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For frequently asked questions, please click here