- Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship
- Applicants must satisfy criteria for and seek admission into NTU or NUS PhD programme.
- Must have obtained at least a 2nd Upper Class Honours Degree or equivalent in relevant dicisplines.
- Good 'O' and 'A' level track records/Polytechnic students who obtained a Diploma with Merit will also be considered.
- Applicants with a strong interest in a research career is preferred.
- Applicants may submit GRE scores (if available) to be included in the overall assessment of their scholarship application.
AGS scholarship tenable at NTU/NUS will not be required to do a one year research attachment at A*STAR. They can proceed immediately for their PhD.
Successful candidates will be given support for up to 4 years of academic pursuit. They will receive **:
- Full Tuition Fees
- Monthly sustenance allowance
- Book, computer, conference and thesis allowances
- Up to 12 months for overseas attachments
**All rates/allowances are subject to adjustments by A*STAR from time to time.
AGS(NTU/NUS) scholars are eligible for up to 2 years of post-doctoral fellowship under AGS(PDF).
Singaporeans (at the point of award): No service commitment
Non-Singaporeans (at the point of award): 2-year service in Singapore-based companies^ without commitment to any specific organization. The area of work should preferably be in Biomedical Sciences, Physical Sciences or Engineering.
AGS (NTU/NUS) scholars who are subsequently awarded the AGS(PDF) for overseas post-doctoral training : 1 year
^Singapore-based companies refer to local companies and international companies that have a base in Singapore and which is registered with the Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA).
Application can be made through NTU and NUS, or directly to A*STAR . Please observe instructions indicated.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Email A*GA Scholarship Officers