Research areas under the AUIP PhD Programme fall broadly under two categories:
(i) Biomedical Sciences; and
(ii) Physical Science and Engineering.
Approved research areas will be determined by the Programme Governing and Academic Board, and will be aligned with the research thrusts of the A*STAR RIs.
For your graduate degree program and requirements as well as courses catalog, please refer to http://courses.illinois.edu/cis/index.html
Please note that the requirements for each degree varies from department to department.
Please click here for the list of A*STAR Supervisors and Research Areas for AUIP programme.
For exciting research opportunities in the Human Sixth Sense Program of the Advanced Digital Sciences Center, a joint center of A*STAR and the University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, please click on http://www.adsc.illinois.edu.
Successful candidates will be given support for up to four years of academic pursuit.
Successful candidates will receive:
- Monthly sustenance allowance
- Monthly overseas living allowance
- Full tuition
- Computer allowance
- Thesis allowance
- Book allowance
- Conference allowance
- Travel and subsistence allowance for each permitted overseas visit
*All rates/allowances are subject to adjustments by A*STAR from time to time
Upon completion of their studies, candidates will return to contribute to A*STAR's RIs for a service commitment period of three years.
Applications for the AUIP PhD Programme can be made in two ways:
- to Illinois - Apply as a Research Student, indicating on the application form an interest in the AUIP Scholarship Programme
- to A*STAR - Click here to apply. Please observe the instructions indicated. The application form, together with supporting documents, are also to be submitted by mail to:
A*STAR Graduate Academy
Agency for Science, Technology and Research
20 Biopolis Way, #08-01 Centros
A*STAR accepts and processes AUIP applications throughout the year. However priority will be given to applications that reach us by 15 April for admission to UIUC in August the following year.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Email A*GA Scholarship Officers: