Successful candidates will be given support for up to nine years of academic pursuit, leading to MBBS and PhD degrees. Successful candidates from NUS YLLSoM or LKCSoM will be given support for their PhD studies only for up to five years.
Scholarship support comprises:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly sustenance allowance
- Annual return airfare
- Annual book allowance
- Computer allowance
- Warm clothing and settling-in allowance
- Additional allowances are available in the PhD phase of scholarship
*All allowances vary according to country and university, and are subject to adjustments by A*STAR
To apply for NSS (MBBS-PhD), click here to find the application form. Please submit application form with supporting documents by post to:
A*STAR Graduate Academy
Agency for Science, Technology and Research
20 Biopolis Way, #08-01 Centros
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 Apr 2013
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
1. The selection of MBBS-PhD scholars will be done in conjunction with the NSS (BS), which means that of the pool of NSS (BS) candidates, a selected few will be considered for MBBS-PhD studies.
2. MBBS students from YLLSoM or LKCSoM can apply during their final year of MBBS studies or during their housemanship. Applications are accepted throughout the year.
Candidates should explain why they are suited for a clinician scientist track.
Email A*GA Scholarship Officers: