Technology for Enterprise Capability Upgrading (T-UP)
The T-UP initiative, a multi-agency effort by A*STAR, the Economic Development Board, SPRING Singapore, IE Singapore and Infocomm Development Authority, involves seconding RSEs to local enterprises to enable them to access the pool of R&D talent in the Research Institutes (RIs). The RIs will endeavor to match suitable RSEs with the company based on the R&D project in mind. Partial funding will be provided to the eligible company for the salary of the RSEs up to a maximum of two years. After this period, there is an option for companies to retain the seconded staff on a full-time basis if there is mutual agreement. Since its launch in 2003, T-UP has received considerable interest from the industry. At present, 340 RSEs have been seconded to local companies.
- Help local enterprises identify critical technologies and build in-house R&D capabilities relevant to their operations
- Build a culture of innovation and creation in local enterprises
- Forge collaborations between RIs and the local enterprises to effect technology transfer
Under the initiative, local enterprises can engage RSEs from RIs to undertake the following activities:
- Identify suitable R&D or innovation projects for upgrading their operations
- Implement the identified R&D innovation projects for a period up to two years
Financial assistance will also be made available to the small and medium local enterprises.
The initiative is open to local enterprises with at least 30% local shareholding. For details on financial assistance, please contact any of the participating organisations.
How to Proceed
If you have in mind a certain A*STAR Research Institute(s) that you would like to approach, please proceed to contact the relevant person(s) listed under each institute above. Alternatively, for further assistance or information, please email us at Lim_Ee_Meng@a-star.edu.sg
Other Government Incentives
Find out other government incentives that help startups and SMEs to finance, upgrade, or expand their businesses at http://www.business.gov.sg