Funding for ASTAR Joint Council Workshops
** Application is OPEN all year round **
The A*STAR Joint Council (A*JC) invites A*STAR researchers to apply for funds to organise cross-council workshops.
Workshops provide a platform for researchers with a common interest to interact through the presentation of research work and ideas in an informal but focused way. They also offer a good opportunity for young researchers to present their work and obtain feedback on their research.
Workshop organisers and participants can benefit greatly from the workshops as they help seed cross-council collaborations.
Funding Considerations for Workshop Support
- The workshop topic must be a multidisciplinary field of research that has the potential to seed cross-council collaborations.
- There should be a good balance of speakers from BMRC and SERC, as well as a good mix of established experts and young researchers. A*STAR researchers should comprise at least 50% of the workshop speakers, and where appropriate participants from other local institutions are also encouraged.
- The proposer is responsible for organizing, publicizing and conducting the workshop to ensure its success.
- The workshop can vary in duration, but it should preferably not exceed two days.
- Where appropriate, A*JC may consider supporting the travel and accommodation of overseas speakers. These should be experts in the field of the workshop topic and who could contribute to the scientific discussion of the workshop.
- Successful applicants will be given an in-principle award that is subject to A*JC’s confirmation upon the finalization of the workshop programme.
Researchers from A*STAR RIs / Consortia are eligible to apply for the workshop funds. Young researchers are strongly encouraged to apply. Please download and send in your application form to the A*JC.
Application Form for Workshop Funds
Disbursement of Funds
Expenditure claims must be made within two months after the workshop. Please download and send the claim form to A*JC.
Workshop Fund Claim Form
Back to Top