7th AJC Grant Call is Now Open!
(Applicable to A*STAR Researchers Only)
Closing Date : 14 January 2011, 5pm
A*STAR’s Joint Council supports cross-council collaborative research projects through the award of grants. To be considered for A*JC funding, a proposal must present a multidisciplinary plan that involves collaboration between BMRC and SERC researchers.
Applicants may apply for one of the two grants listed in the table below. Only A*STAR researchers can apply. Depending on the recommendation of the review panel, applicants of the JCO Research Grant may be asked to re-scope their proposal and apply for the Exploratory Grant.
||Max. Number of Years
||Max. Quantum Per Proposal|
||Encourages new and exploratory research by providing funding for proof-of-concept and feasibility studies.
||Supports a discrete and well-defined research project. Sufficient background work must be demonstrated to be eligible for funding.
The JCO grant provides for pro-rated manpower support for A*STAR researchers. Please refer to JCO’s “Guidelines for Budget Proposal Preparation” for further details.
To ensure that only high quality proposals are funded, all received proposals are subject to a competitive peer review process, which includes evaluation by independent referees from the international and local community. The key funding criteria include the following:
- Collaborative nature of the project (multidisciplinary research, and good balance of technical and scientific contributions from BMRC and SERC researchers)
- Importance of the problem (prevalence, inadequacy of existing approaches)
- Technical merit and innovation of the project, and track record of the researchers
- Intellectual property history and opportunities
- Appropriateness of budget
REVISED application forms and guidelines for budget preparation are available for download below.
Download Application Forms :