Programmes for SMEs
A*STAR provides support to the industry in different ways, from long-term pre-competitive R&D with industry groups to R&D that helps to enhance the technology competence of individual companies. Companies are welcome to explore the R&D competencies of the A*STAR Research Institutes to find a good partner to enhance their technology edge, to identify and develop:
- Core research capabilities to address global challenges
- Long-term R&D programmes to grow new industry
- Pre-competitive R&D to move existing industries up the value chain
- Specific technology transfer assistance for SMEs
A*STAR’s Science and Engineering Research Council (SERC) has various programmes to help SMEs achieve the above objectives.
The schemes under the Growing Enterprises with Technology Upgrade (GET-Up) programme includes:
- Operation and Technology Roadmapping (OTR) – provides the "big" picture view of the technology required to meet various business and market needs. Financial co-support will also be provided to eligible companies.
- Technical Advisory Support (TA) – offers advice from senior research staff at Research Institutes on technological related matters and challenges.
Other than the GET-Up programme, A*STAR has also launched the Technology Adoption Programme (TAP), a productivity initiative that will help companies across sectors increase productivity through the adoption of technology innovations and solutions.
Back to Top