A*STAR helps promising local companies enhance their business competitiveness through technology upgrading. Under the Growing Enterprise Through Technology Upgrading (GET-Up)
programme, A*STAR provides technology roadmapping, secondment of researchers and engineers to companies, as well as provide technical advisory to help SMEs upgrade their technical capability.
Operation & Technology Roadmapping (OTR)
- Service provided by A*STAR SIMTech with a charge rate of S$10,000 for whole package. Eligible SMEs can tap on the Innovation & Capability Voucher (ICV) to offset half the cost. Click here to find out more information on the OTR programme.
- Enhanced OTR. As of July 2015, SPRING Singapore and SIMTech A*STAR is offering the ENHANCED OTR whereby any eligible company (namely Precision Engineering) can be additionally funded to acquire a Market / Competitive / Technology Intelligence report to enhance the OTR planning effort.
- Click here for more information on the Enhanced OTR programme.
Technology for Enterprise Capability Upgrading (T-Up)
- Secondment of Research Scientists & Engineers (RSEs) to company to build in-house R&D / technical capabilities
- Develop new product / process
- Set-up new technical department
- Transfer technology from overseas
- Enable local enterprises to access R&D talent from Research Institutes
- All foreground IPs belong to company
- Eligible local SMEs pay 30% of manpower cost
- Click here to find out how companies have benefited from the T-Up programme
Technical Advisory (TA)
- Senior scientists / researchers from A*STAR will be appointed as Technical Advisor to companies to provide in-depth technical advice as well as facilitate collaborations between the company & A*STAR Research Institute(s).
Knowledge Transfer To SMEs
A*STAR SIMTech’s Knowledge Transfer Office (KTO) has been established to provide unique technology and case study-based training for manufacturing specialists, engineers, managers, as well as other industry professionals and executives.
All the training courses, conducted in close collaboration with the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA), draw extensively on our in-house cutting-edge manufacturing knowledge, established through years of industrial collaborations, industry experience and research, backed by state-of-the art manufacturing facilities.
Find out more about the courses available via this website