Advanced Remanufacturing and Technology Centre
The Advanced Remanufacturing and Technology Centre (ARTC) is a new industry-led centre by the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) in collaboration with Nanyang Technological University (NTU). Based on a contemporary business model of public-private partnership, the centre transforms remanufacturing and manufacturing research into industry ready solutions for cross-sectoral industry members by bringing together best-in-class global companies and R&D minds in Singapore.
Currently, the ARTC works with 70 industry members to develop advanced remanufacturing and manufacturing capabilities. The members are comprised of global MNCs, leading equipment and software providers as well as SMEs.
At ARTC, you will have a unique opportunity to unleash your creativity and competencies to develop innovative solutions for industry members. Spanning across development to integrated systems and solutions. In addition, you will support industry members to develop strategies and technology roadmaps in Advanced Remanufacturing. You will also be part of an exciting Advanced Remanufacturing network, developing world-class knowledge in the field of Advanced Remanufacturing.
For more information about ARTC, please visit: https://www.a-star.edu.sg/artc
To drive the adoption of industry 4.0 solutions, ARTC will be setting up the Smart Manufacturing Group as a demonstrating platform for the industry. This public-private partnership programme aims to co-develop a model factory with industry players, to collaborate and develop Future or Manufacturing (FoM) technologies, based on real applications in advanced manufacturing and remanufacturing. With the demonstrating platform being developed together with end-users, technology providers and research institutes in A*STAR and institutes of higher learning (IHL) to test-bed processes, benefits to the economy and the workforce.
· Be part of a taskforce to support and contribute to the ARTC vision of Industry 4.0 for
· Design and build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing and set them up on Model Factory @ ARTC testbed for the Singapore industry.
· Design and build visual analytical techniques using computer graphics for web based applications.
· Research and Development on GPUs for virtual reality application development.
· Implement a robust set of web-services and APIs to power the web application.
· Integration of front-end and back-end aspects of the web application.
· Writing of technical reports and presentation of technical results.
· PhD from School of Computer Engineering, Programming skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Minimum years of experience 1- 2 years
· Proficient knowledge in any one of the back-end programming languages like Python, Java, .NET etc.
· Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms (such as mobile vs, desktop), and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
· Experience in creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
· Management of hosting environment, including database administration (both SQL and NoSQL) and scaling an application to support load changes
· Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
· Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
· Experience in creating REST APIs for developed web applications is highly desired.
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools like Git etc
· Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills in English a must
How to apply:
· Email your detailed resume to email@example.com.
· Kindly indicate the position you are applying for in the subject header
· We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
· The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on its prevailing recruitment policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.