The Institute of Microelectronics (IME), the leading electronics research institute in Singapore, is equipped with cutting edge facilities to conduct world-class research and development (R&D) in semiconductor technology.
The Institute of Microelectronics (IME) is a research institute of the Science and Engineering Research Council of the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR). Positioned to bridge the R&D between academia and industry, IME's mission is to add value to Singapore's semiconductor industry by developing strategic competencies, innovative technologies and intellectual property; enabling enterprises to be technologically competitive; and cultivating a technology talent pool to inject new knowledge to the industry. Its key research areas are in integrated circuits design, advanced packaging, bioelectronics and medical devices, MEMS, nano electronics and photonics.
For expatriate staff, IME also provides other benefits including housing allowance, settling-in allowance, passage assistance, etc.
Benefits at a Glance:
IME offers an internationally competitive package that is complemented by a suite of benefits, including:
- Performance-based rewards
- Performance bonuses
- Annual increments
- Awards and incentives to recognise research role models, outstanding research papers, successful patent filing and royalty sharin
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Functional training, which helps develop job-related skills and knowledge, such as in-house technical courses, external training courses, conferences
- Generic training such as orientation programme, presentation skills workshop, etc
- Tertiary sponsorship for outstanding employee
- Welfare and Benefits
- Annual, medical, child-care, maternity, compassionate and matrimonial leave
- Life, personal accident and medical insurance
- Dental benefits
- Customised benefits such as expenses relating to vacation, personal educational upgrading, etc
- Corporate rates for mobile phones and subscription, etc
- Welfare benefits, such as birthday vouchers, etc
- Staff Welfare Programme in place to promote "Total Well-Being" for all staff, which includes physical, mental and social well-being
World-Class Talent for Our Global Research Hub
In Singapore and at A*STAR, we do world-class research that is impactful. As Asia’s research hub – poised to scale new heights in the 21st century – Singapore offers limitless possibilities and exciting opportunities for global talents to apply their knowledge and skills.
Singapore is known for its integrity, quality, reliability, productivity, and rule of law. Highly committed to building a knowledge-based economy, we have set our sight on intensive growth in our Research & Development capabilities. This is furthered supported by a transparent legal system, which has its roots in English law, and a strong intellectual property framework highly attuned to protect inventions.
A global melting pot of international expatriates and local citizens, Singapore enjoys a multi-racial, multi-religious society living in harmony. Coupled with a developed infrastructure and world-renown political stability, be ready to kick start your career in Singapore!
For more information on working and living conditions in Singapore, please visit the following websites:
Contact Singapore @ www.contactsingapore.org.sg
Singapore Expats @ www.singaporeexpats.com
Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore @ www.iras.gov.sg
Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority @ www.ica.gov.sg
Uniquely Singapore @ www.visitsingapore.com