This page is maintained by
Structural Materials (STR) Department
2 Fusionopolis Way. Innovis, #08-03, Singapore 138634.
- Solution growth of functional inorganic films and nanostructures
- Transparent conducting oxide
- Transparent ceramic and photocatalytic coating for self-cleaning and anti-fogging.
- Metal oxide nanostructured materials ( ZnO, TiO2, SnO2) for various applications ( dye sensitized solar cells, anti-bacteria, anti-static coating).
- Metal alloys powders for additive manufacturing.
- Solution synthesis of nanostructured materials (ZnO, TiO2 ,SnO2 ).
- Advanced material characterizations (SEM, EDX, XRD, PL, UV VIS ,XPS, Tof-SIMS).
- Metal Oxide based DSSC device processing
- Low temperature continuous flow reactor for single crystal metal oxide materials.
- Functional inorganic coatings (self-cleaning, anti-fogging), dielectric ceramic.
- Metal alloy powder and part characterizations for additive manufacturing applications.
- Core Projects, Industry member projects about additive manufacturing of metal alloys.
- "Automation of plasma weld and maskant patch", A*STAR, Rolls-Royce and SAESL Smart Manufacturing Joint Lab
- “Room temperature sol-gel coating of metal oxides” IMRE Project.
- “Evaluation of IMRE’s Superhydrophilic Coating”, ETPL Exploratory Funding.
- “Wet Chemical Routes to Electrochromic Glass”, A*STAR-MND Green Building TSRP.
- “Nano-coating for self T cleaning/anti-fouling and energy saving applications”, T-up project
- “Low temperature growth of TiO2 film” ,IMRE Project.
- “ZnO solution growth”,IMRE Project.
2018–Current Technical Lead/ Scientist II (Joint Appointment), ARTC, A*STAR.
2017-Current Scientist II of Structural Materials Department , IMRE,A*STAR.
2006-2017 Scientist II, Institute of Materials Research and Engineering, A*STAR.
May 2014- August 2014 Visiting Research Scientist , Institute for Molecular Science , Okazaki Japan.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering , Univeristy of Technology, Viet Nam , 2002
- PhD (Advanced Materials) , Singapore -MIT-Alliance, Singapore, 2006
- Best poster award – IMRE scientific research forum 2015
- JENESYS (Japan-East Asia Network of Exchange for Students and Youths) award 2011
- Best Poster Award ICMAT Conference - Singapore 2011
- 2nd prize in the poster competition, MRSS Conference Singapore 2005.
- PhD Scholarship from Singapore MIT Alliance Program (2002).
H. Q.Le, Gregory K. L. Goh, L-L Liew, “Nanorod assisted lateral epitaxial overgrowth
of ZnO films in water at 90°C”,CrystEngComm, 16 69-75 2014.
Gregory K. L. Goh, H. Q.Le*, T.J.Huang, T.T.Hui,” Low temperature grown ZnO-TiO2 core shell nanorod arrays for dye sensitized solar cell application”, Journal of Solid State Chemistry , 17 214 2014.
- H. Q. Le*, G. K. L. Goh, J. H. Teng, A. B. Chew, S. K. Lim, ‘Solution epitaxy of patterned ZnO nanorod arrays by interference lithography’, Prog. Cryst. Growth Charac. Mater., 58 135 2012.
- L-L. Liew, H. Q. Le*, G. K. L. Goh, ‘Microwave-assisted hydrothermally grown epitaxial ZnO films on <111> MgAl2O4 substrate’, J. Solid State Chem. 189 90 2012.
- H.Q.Le, S.J.Chua , “Gallium and Indium codoping of epitaxial Zinc Oxide thin films grown in water at 90C “, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 44 125104 2011.
- H. Q. Le*, S. K. Lim, G. K. L. Goh, S. J. Chua, N. S. S. Ang and W. Liu, “Solution epitaxy of gallium-doped ZnO on p-GaN for heterojunction light-emitting diodes “ , Appl Phys B 100: 705–710 2010.
- H. Q. Le*, S. K. Lim, G. K. L. Goh, S. J. Chua, ‘Optical and Electical Properties of Ga-Doped ZnO Single Crystalline Films Grown on MgAl2O4 (111) by Low Temperature Hydrothermal Synthesis’, J. Electrochem. Soc. 157 H796 2010.
- H.Q.Le, G.K.L.Goh, L.L.Liew, "Nanorod Assisted Lateral Epitaxial Overgrowth Of ZnO Films In Water At 90C" , CrystEngComm, 16 69-75 2014.
- G.K.L.Goh,H.Q.Le*,T.J.Huang,B.T.T.Hui, " Low temperature grown ZnO@TiO2 core shell nanorod arrays for dye sensitized solar cell application" , Journal of Solid State Chemistry, accepted. DOI / Publication Details 10.1016/j.jssc.2013.11.035.
- H.Q.Le* , S.K.Lim, Gregory K.L.Goh , “Structural and electrical properties of single crystal indium doped ZnO films synthesized by low temperature solution method “ , Journal of Crystal Growth , 312 437-442 2010.
- C.B.Soh,C.B.Tay,S.J.Chua,H.Q.Le, N.S.S.Ang,J.H.Teng, “Optimization of hyfrothermal growth ZnO nanorods for enhancement of light extraction from GaN blue LEDs “, Journal of Crystal Growth , 312 1848 1854 2010.
- H.Q.Le , “ Low temperature epitaxy of ZnO for LED application “ , Wet Chemistry Workshop , IMRE , invited talk , Sept 2009.
- J. Ning , S.Xu ,R.Wang , H.Q.Le , S.J.Chua , “Correlated Band Edge Emission of ZnO nanorods and GaN underlying susbtrate “ , Japanese Journal of Applied Physics , 48 021102 2009.
- Lim.S.K, Le.H.Q*, Gregory .Goh.K.L., “Fabrication of Zinc Oxide nanorods for using in Dye Sensitized Solar Cells “ , ICMAT conference , Singapore July 2009 .
- Le.H.Q*, Tripathy.S , Chua S.J. “The influence of nitrogen plasma treatment on the lattice vibrational properties of hydrothermally grown ZnO nanorods”, Applied physics Letters, 192 141910 2008.
- Le.H.Q*, Chua.S.J, “Greatly Enhanced Optical Properties of ZnO Nanorods Grown on GaN in Aqueous Solution by Using Two-Step Treatment Method” , Journal of The electrochemical society, 155 7 K105-K109 2008.
- Le H. Q*. , Chua S.J, Fitzgerald E.A, Loh K. P, “ Optical properties of well aligned ZnO nanorods on GaN by hydrothermal synthesis “ , Nanotechnology , 17 483-488 2006-03-22.
- Le H.Q* , Chua S.J, Fitzgerald E.A , Loh , K.P, “ The effect of post annealing treatment on photoluminescence of ZnO nanorods prepared by hydrothermal synthesis “, Journal of Crystal Growth 287 157-161 2006 .
- Le H.Q*, Chua S.J, Fitzgerald E.A , “Systematic studies of the epitaxial growth of single crystal ZnO nanorods on GaN using hydrothermal synthesis “ , Journal of Crystal Growth , Vol 293 36-42 2006.
- Le H.Q*, Chua S.J , Fitzgerald E.A , “ ZnO films grown on p-GaN using hydrothermal synthesis and its optoelectronic device application” , MRS-S , Singapore 2005 .
- Le H.Q*, Chua S.J, Fitzgerald E.A , “ Fabrication and I-V characterization of ZnO nanorod based metal insulator semiconductor junction “, MRS conference , San Francisco 2006 .
- Le H.Q*, Chua S.J “Electrical Properties And UV Response Of Single ZnO Nanorod “ , , Advanced Materials Research 31 192-195 2007.
- “Superhydrophilic Coatings”, Gregory GOH Kia Liang, Le Hong Quang, Japan Patent Application No. 2016-531586, US Patent Application No. 14/908,220
- “Functional Oxide Films on Plastic Substrates”, Gregory GOH Kia Liang, LI Jing, LE Hong Quang, SG Patent Application 10201408209V, PCT Patent Application No. PCT/SG2015/050466
- “Multifunctional amorphous films”, Gregory GOH Kia Liang, LE Hong Quang, Ajay Kumar KUSHWAHA, PCT Patent Application PCT/SG2015/050311
Last updated on : 03 Jan 2019 09:38 AM