This page is maintained by
Soft Materials (SOF) Department
2 Fusionopolis Way. Innovis, #08-03, Singapore 138634
- Nanotechnology and Nanoparticles
- Biomedical engineering
- Spectrophotometers (Fluorescence and Absorbance)
- Gel Permeation Chromatography (GPC)
- Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM)
- Circular Dichroism
- Growth and inhibiton of amyloid fibrils in solution
- Graphics editing software
- Biomarker development and validation for use in human clinical studies of food in Asian populations
- On-site environmental bacterial detection
- Application of Carbon dots in biosensors
- Application of boronic acid and nanoparticles in biosensor development
2015 - Current Scientist I, Institute of Materials Research and Engineering (Singapore)
July 2011 – November 2011: Subject tutor in the University of Melbourne (Bionanoengineering)
July 2012 – November 2012: Laboratory demonstrator in the University of Melbourne (Biocellular systems engineering)
- Ph.D (Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering), University of Melbourne 2014
- B. Eng, Biomedical (Hons), University of Melbourne, 2009
- Australian Postgraduate Award Scholarship (2011-2013), Government of Australia
- Returning Postgraduate scholarship 2012, University College, (Hall of Residence ), Melbourne
- E.W. Syme Scholarship, February 2007, University College, (Hall of Residence ), Melbourne
- Melbourne International student’s Fee remission Scholarship (2010 – 2011), University of Melbourne
- Special Postgraduate Award (2010-2011), University of Melbourne
1) Ow, S.-Y. & Dunstan, D. E. The effect of concentration, temperature and stirring on hen egg white lysozyme amyloid formation. Soft matter 9, 9692-9701, doi:10.1039/c3sm51671g (2013).
2) Ow, S.-Y. & Dunstan, D. E. A brief overview of amyloids and Alzheimer's disease. Protein Science 23, 1315-1331, doi:10.1002/pro.2524 (2014).
3) Ow, S.-Y., Bekard, I. B., Blencowe, A., Qiao, G. G. & Dunstan, D. A Generic Class of Amyloid Fibril Inhibitors. Journal of Materials Chemistry B 3, 1350-1359, doi:10.1039/c4tb01762e (2014).
4) Sutarlie, L., Ow, S. Y. & Su, X. Nanomaterials-based biosensors for detection of microorganisms and microbial toxins. Biotechnology Journal 12, n/a-n/a, doi:10.1002/biot.201500459 (2017).
5) Ow, S.-Y., Bekard, I. & Dunstan, D. E. Effect of natural biopolymers on amyloid fibril formation and morphology. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2017.07.171 (2017).
Singapore Patent Application No. 10201702528R. Invention: Nanomaterial-based Bacterial Sensors. Filing date 28th March 2017
Last updated on : 03 Apr 2019 05:07 PM