This page is maintained by
Advanced Characterisation and Instrumentation (ACI) Department
2 Fusionopolis Way, Innovis, #08-03, Singapore 138634
- Electron Spectroscopy for Chemical Analysis
- Chemical Analysis - Mass Spectrometry
2008-2018: Project member of “Material characterization and Failure Analysis” (Annual renewed).
2008-2011: Project member of “Exploration of novel hard disk lubricant for heat assisted magnetic recording”.
2018 - To-date, Senior Specialist (II), Institute of Materials Research & Engineering
2017 - 2018 Senior Research Engineer (II), Data Storage Institute
2014 - 2016 Senior Research Engineer (I), Data Storage Institute
2008 - 2013 Research Engineer (II), Data Storage Institute
2003 - 2008 Showa denko HD Singapore Pte Ltd
1998 - 2002 Mitsubishi Chemical nfonics Pte Ltd
Master of Science, Sophia University, Japan 1998
Bach of Science, Sophia University, Japan 1996
- R. Ji, Z.X. Xing, Y. S. Ma, J.F. Ying, R. Y. Zheng, H. Q. Xie, X. B. Wang, Angeline Y. X. Tan, C. M. Cho, and J. W. Xu, “Laser irradiation effect on the damage of lubricant films”, Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology B 34, 03H136, 2016.
- X.B. Wang, Angeline Y. X. Tan, C. M. Cho, Q. Ye, C. B. He, R. Ji, H. Q. Xie, Jack W. H. Tsai and J. W. Xu, “Synthesis and properties of cyclotriphosphazene and perfluoropolyether-based lubricant with polar functional groups”, Lubrication Science, DOI: 10.1002/ls.1347, 2016.
- W. D. Song, J. F. Ying, W. He, V. Y.-Q. Zhuo, R. Ji, H. Q. Xie, S. K. Ng, Serene L. G. Ng, and Y. Jiang, “Nano suboxide layer generated in Ta2O5 by Ar+ ion irradiation”, Applied Physics Letters Vol.106, 031602, 2015
- Xiaobai Wang, AngelineYanXuan Tan, ChingMui Cho, Qun Ye, Chaobin He, Rong Ji, HuiQing Xie, JackWenHuei Tsai, Jianwei Xu, “Highly thermally stable cyclotriphosphazenebased perfluoropolyether lubricant oil”, Tribology International, Vol. 90, 257–262, 2015
- Ji-Feng Ying, Rong Ji, Chen Chen Wang, Sze Ter Lim, Huiqing Xie, and Ernult F. Gerard, “Observation of TaBxOy Along the Ta Diffusion Path Through a Boron and Oxygen Containing Tri-layer Structure”, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, Vol 23, pp2795-2800, 2014.
- Rong Ji, Baoxi Xu, Rongyan Zheng, Huiqing Xie, and Jack Wen Huei Tsai, “The Investigation of High Temperature Lubricants for HAMR Application”, IEEE transactions on Magnetics, Vol.49, No. 6, pp2772-2775, 2013.
- R. Ji, T.K.L. Dao, B.X. Xu, J.W. Xu, B.L. Goh, E. Tan, H.Q. Xie, T. Liew, “Lubricant Pickup under Laser Irradiation”, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol.47, No.7, pp1988- 1991, 2011.
- R. Ji, J. W. Xu, T. Liew, J. Zhang, H. Q. Xie, B. X. Xu, T. K. L. Dao, “TOF-SIMS analysis of media lubricant under laser irradiation for HAMR application”, Surface and Interface Analysis, Vol.43, No.1-2, pp406–409, 2011.
- “J. Xu, R. Ji, X. Wang, C. M Cho, A.Y.X. Tan, C. He, H. Xie,
J.W.H. Tsai, Lubricant containing cyclotriphosphazene for magnetic
disk, and method of producing a magnetic medium having such lubricant”. (Granted) PCT/SG2013/000337; WO 2014/025317 A1, US9506003B2, 2016.
- J. Xu, R. Ji, X. Wang, C. M Cho, A.Y.X. Tan, C. He, H. Xie,
J.W.H. Tsai, “Lubricant containing cyclotriphosphzene with a
hydrophilic substituent”, Singapore Patent Application No.: 201205893-9,
Last updated on : 05 Apr 2019 06:37 PM