From 1 Jan 2018, individuals who are applying for training allowance under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) Scheme are only required to make one trip down to any of their preferred WSG's Careers Connect or NTUC's e2i centres within 120 days after the course end date, to apply and submit the claim application. Individuals are to bring along the following original documents:
- WTS notification letter (of the year in which the course was taken)
- Valid bank book or statement
- Certification slip (Trainees are to submit their requests to their training providers upon the completion of training)
- Any of the following employment documentation to prove job relevancy:
i. Any one month’s payslip / CPF statement showing employer’s contribution, dated within 3 months from the date of claim;
ii. Employment Letter / Contract of Service or equivalent, dated within 3 months from the date of claim;
iii. Accounting and Corporate Regulatory (ACRA) business registration and business transaction document, e.g. revenue receipt/ invoice.
Training allowance is only available for individuals who pay for their own training or are self-sponsored participants.
To qualify for training allowance, the individual must:
- complete and pass the course;
- not be barred from receiving SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) / Workforce Singapore (WSG) / Employment and Employability Institute (e2i) grants; and
- the training course attended is assessed by WSG to be relevant to the individual’s job or sector he/she works in.
For more information of the Workfare Training Support Scheme, please click here.
To view/download the Workfare Training Support brochure, please click here.
| Back to Top |