Principal Investigator (Systems Biology)
The systems biology group at the Singapore Institute for Clinical Sciences (SICS) invites applications for Principal Investigator position in the area of Bioinformatics and Artificial Intelligence. The successful candidate will join an established research team focusing on understanding molecular and biomedical data from observational and interventional clinical studies.
The successful candidate will
- Join an active group of biostatisticians, analysts, and programmers working on data from metabolic, neurodevelopment and nutrition platforms.
- Develop machine learning and AI methods to study cutting-edge research questions related to genomic and phenotypic variation in our cohorts.
- Collaborate with experimental groups, clinicians and industry.
- Integrate internal and external omics data with phenome for comprehensive analysis
- Write scientific manuscripts and data reports.
- Establish impactful and creative research.
- PhD and at least 5 years of relevant experience either in academia or industry, in computational biology, bioinformatics, or relevant field (e.g., bioinformatics, big data analysis).
- Strong analytical skills and a notable publication record.
- The candidate must be comfortable working in a dynamic research organization and able to balance multiple responsibilities.
- Strong communication skills and a willingness to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Grounding in machine learning theory and recent advances in deep learning
- Excellent algorithm development and programming experience (e.g. C/C++, R, S-plus, SQL, Java, and Oracle)
- Proven record of knowledge in the area of analytical methods for observational clinical outcomes data
- Applicants should submit a CV, a statement of research interests and the names of three referees
We welcome interested applicants to submit a full CV and contact details of two referees via https://app.a-star.edu.sg/AstarCareerPortal/JobDetails.aspx?extlink=18/SICS/0012
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on its prevailing recruitment policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.