Lens moulding is a highly proprietary technology with high entrance barrier. The aim of this consortium is to assist local moulders in expanding their current capabilities to support manufacturing of high value-added components, such as optical lenses. The goal of this consortium is to be achieved through sharing of research facilities, conducting manpower training and technology transfer to local industries.
The consortium shall cover 4 theory modules with hands-on training / case studies on :
- Introduction to Basic Optics Design
- Theory on Injection Moulding Process for Precision Lens Moulding
- Mould Design and Lens Insert Fabrication
- Optical Metrology
Participants will be able to apply knowledge acquired into practice through projects. This include the option of running the lens moulding process at the participants' company premises, subject to terms and conditions.
Key Benefits to Participants
- Achieve basic understanding in optic technology and terminologies used in specifying the qualities of an optical component
- Understand customers' requirements to facilitate business discussions / opportunities
- Develop basic skills required to support optical lens moulding
Please register online if you have interest in joining the consortium. Alternatively, please fax the completed registration form (included in the above pamphlet) to Sarah Tan, Fax: 6791 6377, Tel: 6793 8278; Email: shtan@SIMTech.a-star.edu.sg
Closing date for Consortium registration: 12 August 2009
For technical enquiries, please contact
Dr Lau Soo Khim, Email: sklau@SIMTech.a-star.edu.sg
; Tel: 6793 8434
Mr Philip Lee, Email: knlee@SIMTech.a-star.edu.sg
; Tel: 6793 8403
Full fees: S$6,000.00 (exclusive of GST)
For subsidy, SMEs can apply for $5,000 Innovation Voucher Scheme (IVS) from SPRING Singapore
Closing date for 1st IVS call: 27 April 2009
Please visit www.spring.gov.sg/ivs
or contact the EnterpriseOne Hotline at Tel: 68981800 for more details on IVS.
Registered participants will be invited for a roundtable discussion if application is submitted by 31st