Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) is a horizontal technology that can enable business innovations across many industries beyond retail including hospitality, automotive, manufacturing, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, aerospace, transportation and logistics. Implementing RFID in an enterprise requires compelling returns on investment (ROI), business process re-engineering and integration of RFID technology with enterprise systems. This course explains the basics of RFID technology, examines the various enterprise applications and introduces the ROI analysis and calculation methods with hands-on sessions.
Who Should Attend
Industry professionals, managers, engineers, academic staff and researchers.
Part 1: Inside RFID Technology by Dr Gan Oon Peen, Senior Research Engineer, SIMTech
- RFID infrastructure and standards: readers, tags, middleware and networks
- Hands-on session on RFID technology and system
Part 2 : Enterprise Applications by Dr Zhang Neng Sheng, Research Scientist and Mr He Wei, Senior Research Engineer, SIMTech
- Operation visibility and tracking - Enterprise business process analysis
- Hands-on practice on RFID-enabled enterprise applications
Part 3: Return on Investment by Dr Song Bin, Programme Head, SIMTech
- Return on Investment (ROI) analysis and calculation methods and toolkit
- Analysing work-flows and RFID impact areas for savings and value-creation
- Quantifying the common profit factors like visibility, productivity and error reducing
- Hands-on session on ROI computation
Registration is on a first-come-first served basis. Registration fee: S$200 (including 7%GST).
SIMTech members enjoy 20% discount, terms and conditions apply. (Limited to 2 participants for Category I members, and 4 participants for Category II members). Companies which join SMS now enjoy a complimentary seat.
For enquiry on SMS Membership: Please contact Devi at 6793 8388 or email: SMS@SIMTech.a-star.edu.sg
Registration closing date: 23 October 2007, Tuesday