Development of a Prototype Performance Measurement System for Adaptive Supply Chain
This project is to develop a prototype software system for performance measurement for adaptive supply chain. This system will help industry practitioners to assess their supply chain performance and identify areas for improvement to enable their supply chain to be adaptive.
Contact PersonXu Xiao Xia Laura()
- To systematically research and collate comprehensive performance metrics for evaluating the performance of adaptive supply chain
- To formulate and develop fuzzy logic algorithm to integrate both qualitative and quantitative metrics into one cohesive performance measurement system
- To develop correlation model using the analytic network process (ANP) technique to link supply chain strategy and performance metrics
- To develop the prototype performance measurement system (PMS) by integrating the performance metrics, algorithm and model. The proposed PMS will be easily used by companies to assess their supply chain performance
- To test the prototype performance measurement system through an industry case study
- There have been relatively few attempts to systematically collate metrics for evaluating the performance of adaptive supply chains.
- Due to the fact that some measurements are in qualitative format, others while are in quantitative format, it is challenging to integrate both types of measurement into one cohesive performance measurement system.
- A lack of linkage exists between supply chain strategy and performance measurement of supply chain.
- As adaptive supply chain has special characteristics, it remains a challenge both to the academia and industries to measure a company’s adaptability.