Introduction:Cho Cho worked in Quality Assurance in Sakata Inx (M) Sdn Bhd for 4 years and did research and development of surface printing/coating ink for flexible packaging. Cho Cho was also a QA Engineer in Proligo (S) Pte Ltd for 2 years; responsible for custom genomic and proteomic synthesis, purification and analysis prior to joining SIMTech in Jun 2007. Currently, Cho Cho is involved in the research area of materials characterisation and failure analysis.
Research Interest:Materials characterisation and failure analysis using thermal analysis and X-ray microanalysis techniques.
BioNotes:MEng (Chemical Engineering), National University of Singapore, 2004.
BEng (Chemical Engineering), Yangon Technological University, 1996.
Publications:1. S. Z. Yu, C. C. Khin, A. A. Mon, F. L. Ng, "Controlling Porous Properties of Polymer Monoliths by Photoinitiated Polymerization", Polymer International, vol. 62(3), pp. 406-410 (Mar-2013)
2. S. Z. Yu, F. L. Ng, C. C. Khin, A. A. Mon, Y. Y. Ng, "Effect of Porogenic Solvent on the Porous Properties of Polymer Monoliths", Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 127(4), pp. 2641-2647 (Feb-2013)
3. S. Z. Yu, F. L. Ng, C. C. Khin, F. L. Ng, J. Zhao and K. K. Tong, "Development of Porous Polymer Monolith by Photoinitiated Polymerization", Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 120(6), pp. 3190-3195 (Jun-2011)
4. S. Z. Yu, Y. K. Juay, F. L. Ng, C. C. Khin, J. Zhao, K. K. Tong and K. N. Lee, "Developing Porous Poly(methyl methacrylate) Monolith with Injection Moulding", The Second Conference on Advances in Microfluidics and Nanofluidics and Asia-Pacific international Symposium on Lab on Chip, 2011, 05-Jan-2011 to 07-Jan-2011, Singapore, vol. V2, pp. 169-170
5. Z. L. Li, T. Liu, C. C. Khin, A. C. Tan, L. E. Khoong, H. Y. Zheng and W. Zhou, "Direct patterning in sub-surface of stainless steel using laser pulses", Optics Express, vol. 18(15), pp. 15990-15997 (Jul-2010)
6. R. Negarestani,M. Sundar,M. Sheikh,P. Mativenga ,L. Li,Z. L. Li,P. L. Chu,C. C. Khin,H. Y. Zheng,G. C. Lim, "Numerical Simulation of Laser Machining of Carbon Fibre Reinforced Composites", IMechE, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture, pp. 1017-1027, vol. 224, no. B7 (Jul-2010)
7. G. Zhao, C. C. Khin, and S. B. Chen: “Nonionic Surfactant and Temperature Effects on the Viscosity of Hydrophobically Modified Hydroxyethyl Cellulose Solutions”: Journal of Physical Chemistry; B 2005, 10914198-14204.
8. D. Bai, C. C. Khin, S. B. Chen, C-C. Tsai, B. H. Chen, "Interaction between a Non-ionic Surfactant and a Hydrophobically Modified 2-Hydroxyethyl Cellulose", Journal of Physcial Chemistry, B2005, 109, pp. 4909-4916, 2005
9. C. C. Khin, S. B. Chen, "Clouding Phenomenon and Viscosity of Hydrophobically Modified Hydroxyethyl Cellulose in Non-ionic Surfactant Solutions, XIV International Conference on Rheology, Seoul, Korea, 2014
Scholarship award from National University of Singapore 2002 – 2004.
Silver medal award in 5th year and bronze medal award in 4th year Bachelor of Engineering.