Introduction:Dr Wang Xincai received his BEng and MEng in Physical Electronics and Optoelectronics from Tsinghua University, Beijing, P.R.China, and PhD degree in Optoelectronics from the National University of Singapore. Dr Wang joined SIMTech in 1999. He is mainly working on laser processing and micro-machining including laser marking, laser-assisted metallisation, laser processing of semiconductors and dielectrics. His research interests also include investigating properties of III-V semiconductor materials. He has published more than 20 papers and holds 2 patents.
1. Zheng Hongyu, Wang Xincai, Lim Gnian Cher, and Cheah Li Kang, "Improved Laser Metallisation Circuit Formation and Circuits Formed Thereby". P-No. 98984 [WO 02/74027], Filed on March 12, 2001, Granted on 30 Nov. 2004
2. Zheng Hongyu, Qiu Hong, Lim Gnian Cher, Wang Xincai, Cheng Qiong, and Emma P. Alvarez, " Method and Apparatus for Selective Removal of Material", Singapore patent application No. 200200661-7, Feb. 2002
Research Interest:Laser assisted metal deposition, Laser processing of semiconductor and dielectrics materials, Ultra-fast laser-based processing and micromachining.
BioNotes:PhD, MEng, BEng
1. X. C. Wang, G. C. Lim, W. Liu, C. B. Soh, and S. J. Chua, "Effects of 248nm excimer laser irradiation on the properties of Mg-doped GaN", Applied Surface Science. In Press.
2. X. C. Wang, G. C. Lim, F. L. Ng, W. Liu, and S. J. Chua, "Femtosecond pulsed laser-induced periodic surface structures on GaN/sapphire", Applied Surface Science. Accepted.
3. X. C. Wang, G. C. Lim, W. Liu, S. J. Chua, H. Y. Zheng, F.L. Ng, "INVESTIGATION ON FEMTOSECOND PULSE LASER PROCESSING OF SAPPHIRE", The 1st Pacific International Conference on Application of Lasers and Optics 2004(PICALO 2004), Melbourne, Australia, (19~21, April 2004)
4. X. C. Wang, G. C. Lim, H. Y. Zheng, J. L. Tan, W. Liu, S. J. Chua, F. L. Ng, "248 NM EXCIMER-LASER-INDUCED NATIVE OXIDE FILM FORMATION ON GAN SURFACE", The 1st Pacific International Conference on Application of Lasers and Optics 2004(PICALO 2004), Melbourne, Australia, (19~21, April 2004)
5. H. Qiu, H.Y. Zheng, X.C. Wang and G.C. Lim, "Laser decapsulation of moulding compound from wafer level chip size package for solder reflowing", Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing. Vol. 8, pp502-510, 2005.
6. K. K. Ong, K. L. Pey, P. S. Lee, A. T. S. Wee, Y. F. Chong, K. L. Yeo, and X. C. Wang, "Formation of Ultra-Shallow p+/n Junctions in Silicon-On-Insulator (SOI) Substrate using Laser Annealing", Materials Science & Engineering B Vol. 114-115, pp.25-28, 2004.
7. H.Y. Zheng, Q. Chen, X.C. Wang, J.L. Tan, and G.C. Lim, "Nanosecond Laser Induced Thermal Diffusion during Laser Ablation of Epoxy from a Multi-layered Surface", Surface Review and Letter, Vol. 11, No. 3 (Jun), pp305-311, 2004.
8. F. L. Chow, K. L. Pey, P. S. Lee, C. H. Tung, X. C. Wang, G. C. Lim, Y. F. Chong, "Silicide formation from laser thermal processing of Ti/Co bilayers", Electrochemical and Solid-State Letter, Vol. 7, ppG213-G215, 2004.
9. X. C. Wang, G. C. Lim, H. Y. Zheng, F. L. Ng, W. Liu, S. J. Chua, "Femtosecond Pulse Laser Ablation of Sapphire in Ambient Air", Applied Surface Science, vol 228/1-4 pp 221-226, 2004.
10. X. C. Wang, G. C. Lim, H. Y. Zheng, J. L. Tan, W. Liu, S. J. Chua, "Excimer Laser Induced Oxidation of GaN Epilayer", Japanese Journal of Applied Phisics, Vol. 42 pp5638-5641, 2003. .
11. X. C. Wang, H. Y. Zheng, and G. C. Lim, "Laser induced copper electroless plating on polyimide with Q-switch Nd: YAG laser " Applied Surface Science, vol 200/1-4 pp 165-171, 2002
12. H. Y. Zheng, G. C. Lim, X. C. Wang, J. L. Tan, and James Hilfiker, "Process Study for Laser-induced Surface Coloration", Journal of Laser Applications, Vol. 14, Number 4, 2002.
13. J. L. Tan, H. Y. Zheng, X. C. Wang, G. C. Lim, "Laser Treatment of Polymers for Selective Plating", ICALEO 2001, Jacksonville, Florida, Oct 2001.
14. X. C. Wang, H. Y. Zheng, G. C. Lim, "Laser Direct Writing of Copper on Polyimide, FR4, and Al2O3 Substrates from Solid Metalorganic Film", in Laser Applications in Microelectronics and Optoelectronics Manufacturing VI, Proceedings of SPIE, Vol 4274, pp403-410, Photonics West 2001, San Jose, CA, Jan. 2001.
15. X. C. Wang, S. J. Xu, S. J. Chua, K. Li, X. H. Zhang, Z. H. Zhang, K. B. Chong, and X. Zhang, "Strong influence of SiO2 thin film on properties of GaN epilayers", Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 74, pp. 818-820, 1999.
16. X. C. Wang, S. J. Xu, S. J. Chua, Z. H. Zhang, W. J. Fan, C. H. Wang, J. Jiang, and X. G. Xie, "Widely tunable intersubband energy spacing of self-assembled InAs/GaAs quantum dots due to interface intermixing", Journal of Applied Physics, Vol 86, pp 2687-2690, 1999.
17. S. J. Xu, X. C. Wang, S. J. Chua, C. H. Wang, W. J. Fan, J. Jiang, and X. G. Xie, "Effects of rapid thermal annealing on structure and luminescence of self-assembled InAs/GaAs quantum dots", Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 72, pp. 3335-3337, 1998.