Infectious Diseases Horizontal Technology Programme Office (ID HTPO) Seed Fund, aims to develop a cohesive A*STAR response integrated with the National PREPARE program to drive and deliver translational ID research with impact on practice and policies for better health and economic outcomes.
Funding Quantum: Up to $500K per project proposal to support direct costs for 2–3 years, unless otherwise stated, subject to the following:
PI salary is not allowed to be funded on the seed fund
- At least two- thirds of the EOM charged to seed fund must be new hires or existing staff who are currently not funded in projects in related areas.
- No overheads will be provided.
Lead PI Eligibility: A*STAR staff who is full-time or at least 50% with A*STAR as primary appointment.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following key criteria:
Strategic importance and relevance to infectious diseases’ vision, mission, and thematic areas
- Scientific quality and novelty
- Likelihood of public sector and/or industry adoption
- Relevance and strength of prior work
- Chances of subsequent funding success
Review process will be chaired by ID HTPO Leads Prof Laurent Renia and Dr. Yang Yinping, supported by external review reports.
|Open of Seed Fund Call||Thursday, 1 July 2021|
|Deadline for submission of proposal to ID HTPO
|Thursday, 22 July 2021 (11:59pm SGT) |
||Monday, 2 August 2021|
|Deadline for acceptance||Monday, 9 August 2021 |
|Start Date of awarded projects|| Monday, 16 August 2021|
For general queries, please refer email to Grants-IDHTPO@idlabs.a-star.edu.sg