Smart Machining and Quality Control in Remanufacturing
Webinar | 6 September 2021, Monday | 2.00pm – 3.00pm
Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machining is well established and utilized in different industrial sectors such as aerospace, marine, oil & gas, automotive, MedTech, precision engineering (PE), molds and dies as well as offshore. The rise in the Re-manufacturing industry brings new challenges to machining with technologies. Smart machining techniques, which can be applied to both Remanufacturing and standard components, have tremendous potential and are becoming a new generation of high value precision manufacturing technologies in line with the advance of Industry 4.0 concepts.
Upon successfully completing the 3 days’ workshop, candidates will be able to :
- Explain the fundamentals of Remanufacturing Technology, how this differs from other Repair and Restoration methods.
- Explain the impact of machining parameters on surface integrity and understand quality control techniques.
- Identify machine learning techniques that can be used for Classification of different tool wear mechanisms and Regression to estimate remaining tool life.
- Implement basic Closed Loop Control systems using process control charts and adaptive machining programs.
- Apply the different Adaptive Machining techniques that can be used in remanufacturing