Research officer (Synthetic Biology)
Position Code: SC10301
The Synthetic Biology group at the GIS is seeking a Research Officer to join its team. The individual will contribute to developing cutting-edge genome-editing technologies for engineering the human genome. He/She will conduct experiments in molecular biology (DNA/RNA/protein manipulation and assay), bacterial plasmid cloning, mammalian cell culture, genome-editing, viral production, high-throughput sequencing, and directed evolution. There will be opportunities for the individual to familiarize with and implement state-of-the-art experimental techniques and designs. In addition, he/she shall assist with general lab management, such as procuring lab reagents and supplies.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Biological Sciences or related disciplines
- Experience with molecular biology experiments is essential
- Additional skills in bacterial cloning and mammalian cell culture will be advantageous
- Demonstrated independence and creativity
Those interested to apply, please email your CV, cover letter, and contact information of at least 2 references to Dr Chew Wei Leong at email: email@example.com
For more information: https://www.a-star.edu.sg/gis/our-people/investigator-details.aspx?source=gis_fellows&user_id=197
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on its prevailing recruitment policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
* We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.