Post Doctoral Fellow (Neurodegenerative Disease Modeling)
Position Code: SC10318
The laboratory of Dr. Huck Hui Ng at the Genome Institute of Singapore is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher in the area of neurodegenerative disease modeling.
The Ng lab has longstanding interest in stem cell biology, with a focus on leveraging stem cell differentiation capabilities for modeling neurodegenerative disorders. In particular, we developed a human 3D midbrain organoid model (Jo et al., Cell Stem Cell 2016) to study disease pathogenesis and accelerate therapeutic discovery in Parkinson’s disease. The project direction for this opening will focus on applying 2D and 3D neuronal culture systems for Parkinson’s disease modeling and/or high content screening for novel therapeutic targets in Parkinson’s disease, using human pluripotent stem cells and patient derived iPSCs. The candidate will have the scientific freedom to propose and shape his/her research within these specifications.
More information about the Prof Ng Huck Hui’s lab including recent publications can be found at https://www.a-star.edu.sg/gis/our-people/investigator-details.aspx?source=faculty_member&user_id=36
- Ph.D. in developmental biology, neuroscience or a related field
- Expertise in biochemistry, genome editing, high content screening techniques or cell metabolism assays will be advantageous
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong ability to design and conduct independent scientific investigations and perform data analysis
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a team
Applicants should submit a cover letter describing their areas of interest and how they intend to contribute to the research, a complete curriculum vitae along with contact information for three references, in a single pdf, to Dr. Junghyun Jo (firstname.lastname@example.org
) and Dr. Lin Yang (email@example.com
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on its prevailing recruitment policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
* We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.