Post Doctoral Fellow (Assay Scientist)
Position Code: SC10331
Our group is working on an exciting biotechnology development project involving imaging of biological samples with industry partners in Singapore. We are looking for a motivated individual with experience in mouse handling and tissue histology.
In this challenging but rewarding career opportunity, you will develop biological activity assays and establish organizational handling and preparation procedures for tissues and cells to be analyzed in a sophisticated bio-imaging system.
You will be required to develop tissue preparation protocols for high resolution imaging and establish organisational handling and preparation procedures for tissues and cells. In additional, you will conduct mouse surgery for isolation of internal organs for histology work which will include preparation of tissue samples for histological study (sectioning of tissue samples). You are also tasked to train assay technicians to perform the bioassays and sample handling and preparation procedures.
- PhD degree in Biology, Chemistry, Life Sciences or related fields.
- At least 3 years of working experience in histology work and/or developing biological procedures for specimen handling and processing, testing analyses, implementing new methods, reporting and maintaining records of test results.
- Ability to work in a team, manage multiple projects, and track timelines.
- Process excellent communication and laboratory recording skills.
- Candidates with experience with light microscopy will be a plus.
Those interested to apply, please email your CV, cover letter, a recent photograph and contact information with at least 3 references to Dr Chen Kok Hao at email@example.com
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on its prevailing recruitment policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
* We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.