Bioinformatics Specialist (Shyam Prabhakar’s lab)
Position Code: SC10338
We are looking for bright, motivated individuals that are interested in working on cutting-edge research projects that leverage single cell genomics to study diverse disease models. Our interdisciplinary team combines experimental biology, technology development and computational biology to address major questions in cancer and neuro biology.
The individual will work in a dynamic multi-disciplinary team and collaborate with other bioinformaticians and biologists. Work responsibilities include implementing in-house computational approaches for analyzing large-scale single cell sequencing datasets that are generated in our laboratory from single cell RNA or ATAC-seq platforms.
Shyam Prabhakar’s lab has a proven track record of combining cutting-edge computational and experimental approaches to infer disease mechanisms and develop clinical applications (Chen et al., Science 2015; Li et al., Nat Genet 2017; Sun et al., Cell 2016; Fukawa et al., Nat Med 2016; del Rosario et al., Nat Methods 2015; Kumar et al., Nat Biotechnol 2013; Lancet Oncol 2012).
- Bachelor or Master degree in bioinformatics, computational biology or data science
- Have high proficiency in scripting language (perl, python and statistical languages such as R, particularly in the use of packages such as bioconducter or bpipython
- Additional programming skills in Java or C++ will be useful and candidate should be experienced working in unix environments with computing clusters/servers
- A strong background and course work in statistics, computer science and data science is preferable
To apply, please email your CV and names of references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on its prevailing recruitment policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
* We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.