Post Doctoral Fellow (Li Jingmei’s Lab)
Position Code: SC10340
Our group has strong interest in epidemiologic research related to etiologic and genomic factors that influence breast cancer development, progression, recurrence, survival, and other treatment outcomes.
The candidate will work collaboratively with scientific staff at the Genome Institute of Singapore (GIS), National University Hospital (NUH). The candidate will also support the coordination and management of regional and international projects (e.g. Asian Breast Cancer Consortium, Breast Cancer Association Consortium). Duties will include, but are not limited to, leading projects in collaboration with the PI and other team members, writing grant proposals, statistical analyses and scientific writing. The candidate is also expected to organize meetings, workshops and teleconferences; and attend relevant seminars and conferences.
- PhD degree in genetics, epidemiology, public health, biostatistics, computing science, pharmacology, or a related discipline.
- Possess experience in reviewing, analyzing, and summarizing scientific literature; managing and analyzing epidemiologic and other data; scientific writing; and working on scientific teams.
- Candidates should possess a strong interest in cancer, including risk prediction, detection, treatment, and survivorship; clinical and translational epidemiology and public health; and data analysis.
- Experience with large-scale bioinformatics analysis (including, but not restricted to genome-wide association studies, next-generation sequencing, copy number assessment, transcriptome wide association (TWAS) assessment, pathway enrichment analysis and prediction modelling) is an advantage.
- Possess excellent analytical, technical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of the team.
Those interested to apply, please email your CV, cover letter and contact information with three references to Dr Jingmei Li, (firstname.lastname@example.org
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on its prevailing recruitment policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
* We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.