Postdoctoral Fellow (Bioinformatician, PISCES)
Position Code: SC10355
As one of the key initiatives in the GIS, our group is working with a corporate partner to develop a cutting edge optical imaging system, for multiplexed and high-resolution spatial-omics. The project will involve biological process workflow and engineering instrument development. The outcome is expected to strongly impact the biotech and healthcare industry. Our group consists of students, postdoctoral fellows as well as life science and engineering professionals from both GIS and our corporate partner. There will also be extensive collaborations with external research and contact engineering organisations.
We are looking for a talented candidate to lead in the design of multiplexed genomics assays, perform mathematical analysis of spatial-omics and single cell sequencing data sets. He/she will need to collaborate with engineers, biologists and data scientists to achieve the following:
- Play a key scientific role in the design of probes and experiments for multiplexed spatial-omics assays (40%).
- Leverage on innovative computational strategies to analyse large scale spatial-omics data (30%).
- Perform cross-platform data analysis with bulk and single cell sequencing (30%).
- PhD in a quantitative field, such as Mathematics, Systems Biology or Computational Biology.
- Experience in MATLAB, Python and/or similar language.
- Experience in bioinformatics and sequencing analysis.
- Experience in hybridisation or PCR primer design is an advantage.
- Experience in high performance computing and/or large data management is an advantage.
- Experience in Machine Learning/AI is an advantage.
Those interested to apply, please send your application including cover letter, CV and names of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on its prevailing recruitment policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
* We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.