Postdoctoral Fellow (Computational Genomics)
Position Code: SC10357
We are looking for a highly qualified postdoctoral fellow experienced in Next Generation Sequencing bioinformatics to join the Computational Genomics group in the Genome Institute of Singapore. He/she will be actively collaborating with internationally leading research groups within the institute to provide customised analysis and training support.
The candidate will gain valuable training in a nurturing and collaborative environment where he/she will experience working with dynamic teams with international reputation and access to valuable data generated on latest genomics platforms.
- Relevant PhD in Computational Biology/Computer Science/Applied Mathematics/Genomics.
- Strong analytical and programming skills (R/Python, UNIX, git, high performance or cloud computing.
- Experience working in at least one of the following areas:
- Up-stream analysis: e.g. quality control, alignment, mapping and
- Down-stream analysis: e.g. mRNA, isoform, IncRNA, cell type decomposition, differential expression, WGCNA, pathway analysis.
Epigenomics: e.g. CHIP-seq, ATAC-seq
- Experience working with other omics technology (e.g. exome-seq, pacbio or oxford nanopore sequencing, single-cell sequencing); integrative analysis (e.g. eQTL, gene regulatory networks, meta-analysis); re-using publicly available datasets.
- Working collaboratively or providing bioinformatics training is also highly desirable.
Those interested to apply, please send your application including CV and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please send your queries regarding the above position to Adaikalavan Ramasamy (Adaikalavan_Ramasamy@gis.a-star.edu.sg
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on its prevailing recruitment policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
* We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.