As a Development Engineer, you will part of a team developing next generation software robotics solutions, based on the open-source Robot Operating System (ROS) framework. Together, we have an opportunity to shape the future of robotics.
The role includes:
Develop, extend, support and apply robotics software to solve industrial problems. Ability to use the ROS programming framework and Gazebo simulator. Topics of interest include 3D modelling, communications middleware, developer and debugging tools, perception, motion planning, and software packaging and distribution. The ideal candidate is proficient in at least one of these topics, and capable of expanding into others.Responsibilities:
• Create software architecture, design and evaluate technologies to use
• Design, analyze, troubleshooting and debugging systems and develop software solutions for industry members by translating business requirements into system requirements
• Software development in C++, Python, ROS tools and libraries
• Full life-cycle library and application development.
• Support, maintenance, and documentation of software functionality.
• Software testing and quality assurance.
• Integrate software with robotic hardware and mechanics to automate the adaptive robotic process
• Develop testing and validation strategies
• Manage state of the art machine vision technology and integration with robotic processes
• Technical project planning and execution on development projects for global industry members
• Technical write up and presentationJob requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Robotics Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 2-5 years of experience
- Experience in ROS, robotics, machine vision and image processing, machine learning and systems design is an added advantageApply Here >