Programme Lead: Dr SUN Sumei
Industrial internet of things (IIoT), through providing secure connectivity to things, machines, robots, autonomous systems (AS) such as unmanned aerial and ground vehicles (UAVs, AGVs), computers, and people, is a key enabler for intelligent industrial operations using advanced data analytics to realize transformational business outcomes.
The IIoT Thematic PhD Programme, led by Dr Sumei Sun, Lead Principal Investigator, and a fellow of the International Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), in partnership between Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R) of Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR), and National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), and Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), aims to research and address fundamental issues, and develop leading-edge IIoT technologies, with the following focus:
• Ultra-low latency, ultra-high reliability machine type communications
• Dense and massive machine type communications
• Software-defined cognitive heterogeneous industrial wireless communications
• Industrial cyber-physical security
• Advanced data analytics, machine learning, and deep learning for industrial applications
• Edge and fog computing
• Inter-play of communications, caching, computing, control, and security
The PhD students will be jointly supervised by I2R scientists and university professors. They are able to access I2R resources, including computational infrastructure, laboratory and testbed facilities. At the same time, the students will be fully plugged into the IIoT Research Programme, addressing the pressing and real industry challenges, and deliver high-impact research outcomes
Contact Us. for more information!