- Eng CLP, Tan TW, Tong JC. (2014) Predicting host tropism of influenza A virus proteins using random forest. BMC Medical Genomics 7 Suppl 3: S1.
- Mah TL, Yap XN, Limviphuvadh V, Li N, Srinath S, Kuralmani V, Feng ML, Liem N, Adhikari S, Yong WP, Soo RA, Maurer-Stroh S, Eisenhaber F, Tong JC. (2014) POLA2+1747=GG/GA leads to differential survival outcome and mortality of non-small cell lung cancer patients treated with Gemcitabine. BMC Genomics 15 Suppl 9: S20.
- Harjanto S, Ng LFP, Tong JC. (2014) Clustering HLA class I superfamilies using structural interaction patterns. PLoS ONE 9; e86655.
- Tong JC, Tan TW, Ranganathan S. (2014) Structure-based clustering of MHC proteins for broad-based T-cell vaccine design. Methods Mol Biol; 1184.
- Tan TW, Xie C, De Silva M, Lim KS, Patro CPK, Lim SJ, Govindarajan KR, Tong JC, Choo KH, Ranganathan S, Khan AM. (2013) Simple re-instantiation of small databases using cloud computing. BMC Genomics 14, S13.
- Bhanusali DG, Sachdev A, Rahmanian A, Gerlach JA, Tong JC, Seiffert-Sinha K, Sinha AA. (2013) HLA-E*0103X is associated with susceptibility to Pemphigus vulgaris. Exp Dermatol 22, 108-112.
- Kam YW, Lum FM, Teo TH, Lee WW, Simarmata D, Harjanto S, Chua CL, Chan YF, Wee JK, Chow A, Lin RT, Leo YS, Le Grand R, Sam IC, Tong JC, Roques P, Wiesmuller KH, Renia L, Rotzschke O, Ng LF. (2012) Early neutralizing IgG response to Chikungunya virus in infected patients targets a dominant linear epitope on the E2 glycoprotein. EMBO Mol Med 4: 330-343.
- Khan JM, Cheruku HR, Tong JC, Ranganathan S. (2011) MPID-T2: a database for sequence-structure-function analyses of pMHC and TR/pMHC structures. Bioinformatics, 27: 1192-1193.
- Tong JC, Ng LF. (2011) Understanding infectious agents from an in silico perspective. Drug Discov Today;16:42-49.
- Bernardo PH, Sivaraman T, Wan KF, Xu J, Krishnamoorthy J, Song CM, Tian L, Chin JS, Lim DS, Mok HY, Yu VC, Tong JC, Chai CL. (2010) Structural insights into the design of small molecule inhibitors that selectively antagonize Mcl-1. J Med Chem;53:2314-2318.
- Tong JC, Simarmata D, Lin RTP, Renia L, Ng LFP. (2010) HLA class I restriction as a possible driving force for Chikungunya evolution. PLoS ONE;5:e9291.
- Kam Y-K, Ong EKS, Renia L, Tong JC, Ng LFP. (2009) Immuno-biology of Chikungunya and implications for disease intervention. Microbes Infect;11:1186-1196.
- Wee LJK, Tong JC, Tan TW, Ranganathan S. (2009) A multi-factor model for caspase degradome prediction. BMC Genomics;10:S6.
- Song CM, Lim SJ, Tong JC. (2009) Recent advances in computer-aided drug design. Brief Bioinform;10:579-591.
- Tong JC, Ren EC. (2009) Immunoinformatics: current trends and future directions. Drug Discov Today;14:684-689.
- Muh HC, Tong JC, Tammi MT. (2009) AllerHunter: a SVM-pairwise system for assessment of allergenicity and allergic cross-reactivity in proteins. PLoS ONE;4:e5861.
- Tong JC, Lim SJ, Mun HC, Chew FT, Tammi MT. (2009) Allergen Atlas: a comprehensive knowledge center and analysis resource for allergen information. Bioinformatics;25:979-980.
- Song CM, Bernardo PH, Chai CLL, Tong JC. (2009) CLEVER: pipeline for designing in silico chemical libraries. J Mol Graph Model;27:578-583.
- Aung Z, Tong JC. (2008) BSAlign: a rapid graph-based algorithm for detecting ligand-binding sites in protein structures. Genome Inform;21:65-76.
- Ormsby RJ, Ranganathan S, Tong JC, Griggs KM, Dimasi DP, Hewitt AW, Burdon KP, Craig JE, Hoh J, Gordon DL. (2008) The complement factor H Y402H polymorphism associated with age-related macular degeneration affects interactions with multiple ligands. Invest Opthalmol Vis Sci;49:1763-1770.
- Tong JC, Tan TW, Ranganathan S. (2007) In silico grouping of peptide/HLA class I complexes using structural interaction characteristics. Bioinformatics;23:177-183.
- Zhang ZH, Koh JLY, Zhang GL, Tammi MT, Tong JC. (2007) AllerTool: A web server for predicting allergenicity and allergic cross-reactivity. Bioinformatics;23:504-506.
- Tong JC, Zhang GL, Tan TW, August JT, Brusic V, Ranganathan S. (2006) Prediction of HLA-DQ3.2beta ligands: Evidence of multiple registers in class II binding peptides. Bioinformatics;22:1232-1238.
- Kong L, Lee BTK, Tong JC, Tan TW, Ranganathan S. (2004) SDPMOD: an automated comparative modeling server for small disulphide-bonded proteins. Nucleic Acids Res;32:W356-W359.
- Tong JC, Ranganathan S. (2013) Computer-aided vaccine design. Biohealthcare Publishing (Oxford) Limited, UK.
- Tong JC. Computational methods in toxicoepigenomics. (2012) Toxicology and epigenetics. Sahu SC (ed), Wiley.
- Ranganathan S, Tong JC, Tan TW. (2008) Structural immunoinformatics. Immunoinformatics. Schoenbach C, Ranganathan S, Brusic V (eds), Springer, Immunomics Reviews (vol 1).
- Tan TW, Tammi M, Choo KH, Tong JC, Bajic V. (2004) Biological databases and web services: metrics for qualitative analysis. Information Processing and Living Systems. World Scientific Publishing Co.
- Yang Y, Quek BK, Wang Z, Goh R, Saerbeck M, Farber I, Yin X, Simons JJP, Lu S, Sakamoto K, Feller S, Xin X, Wan KS, Tong JC. Harnessing social media for business values: a collaborative social analytics R&D platform, 24th Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems (WITS2014), Auckland, New Zealand, 17-19 December, 2014.
- Wang ZX, Tong JC, Xin X, Chin HC. Anomaly detection through enhanced sentiment analysis on social media data. 6th IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science, Singapore, December 15-18, 2014.
- Wang ZX, Tong JC, Chin HC. Enhancing machine-learning methods for sentiment classification of web data. Asia Information Retrieval Society Conference (AIRS) 2014, Sarawak, Malaysia, December 3-5, 2014.
- Fu XJ, Goh SM, Tong JC, Ponnambalam L, Yin XF, Wang ZX, Xu HY, Lu SF. Social media for supply chain risk management. IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, Bangkok, Thailand, December 10-13, 2013.
- Sheng C, Hsu W, Lee ML, Tong JC, Ng SK. Mining mutation patterns in biological sequences. 28th International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE), Los Angeles, USA, March 1-6, 2010.
- Zhang GL, Tong JC, Zhang ZH, Zheng Y, August JT, Kwoh CK, Brusic V. Computational models for identifying promiscuous HLA-B7 binders based on information theory and support vector machine. International Conference on Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Engineering, Singapore, December 11-13, 2006.
- Tan TW, Ranganathan S, Tong JC, Choo KH, Tan R, Ong GS, See S. Towards an educational grid for promoting bioinformatics competency in the Asia Pacific. 13th AMIC Annual Conference ICT & Media inputs & development outcomes: Impact of new & old media on development in Asia, Bangkok, Thailand, July 1-3, 2004.
- Tan TW, Ranganathan S, Tong JC, Choo KH, Tan R, Ong GS, See S, Lim TS, De Silva M, Lim KS. Workflow systems in bioinformatics and the bioinformatics educational grid. International Symposium on Grid Computing ISGC 2004 Making the World Wide Grid (WWG) a reality Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan, July 26-28, 2004.
Awards & Recognition (20+; selected shown):
- A*STAR Borderless Award. (2014)
- World Economic Forum (WEF) Young Scientist. (2013)
World Economic Forum (WEF) Young Global Leader. (2012)
- First Prize, Biotech Fair 2011, Singapore Science Center. The virtual human immune system. Vanessa Chan Wei Qi, Soh Hui Ling, Wang Chunzi, Tong Joo Chuan (2011)
Outstanding Mentor Award - for Singapore Ministry of Education (MOE) Science Mentorship Programme. ( 2011)
- Outstanding Mentor Award - for Singapore Ministry of Education (MOE) Science Mentorship Programme. ( 2010)
Singapore Youth Award (Science & Technology) - the highest youth accolade in Singapore under the age of 35. (2009)
- Outstanding Mentor Award - for Singapore Ministry of Education (MOE) Science Mentorship Programme. (2009)
MIT TR35 Award - world top 35 science and technology innovators under the age of 35. (2008)
A*STAR Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R) Annual Role Model Award. (2007)
- North East CDC Social Innovation Fund Selection Panel (2015-)
- VWOs-Charities Capability Fund (VCF) Selection Panel (2014-)
- Member – INSPIRIT, Singapore (2012-)
- Non-Resident Senior Common Room Committee (SCRC) Member – Eusoff Hall, National University of Singapore (2009-2012)
- Senior Advisor – Singapore Clinical Bioinformatics Consortium, Singapore (2009-2011)
- Faculty Advisor – International Society for Computational Biology Regional Student Group (ISCB-RSG) Singapore (2009-2011)
- Board Member – Association of Asian Societies for Bioinformatics (AASBi) (2009-2011)
- President (2008-2010), Vice-President (2006-2007), Secretary (2005-2006), Auditor (2004-2005, 2010-) - Association for Medical and Bio- Informatics, Singapore (AMBIS)
- Treasurer (2008-), Member (2005-2007) – Asia Pacific Bioinformatics Network (APBioNet)
- Coordinator, Software Research and Development – Office of Instructional Technology, S* Life Science Bioinformatics Alliance (Stanford, Karolinska, Uppsala University, UCSD, University of Sydney, Macquarie University, SANBI) (2005-2007)
- Secretary – S* Life Science Bioinformatics Alliance (2005)
- Member – International Society for Computational Biology (2004-)