The Nano Systems Capability Group focuses on the following research areas:
- Study of instability, interface failure and delamination in nanomaterials
- Development of high-performance parallel computing platform for the simulation of growth and morphology in thin film/substrate structures
- Development of three-dimensional hybrid mechanics/ molecular dynamics/ finite element multi-scale framework using parallel and grid computing techniques
- Development of computational procedures based on spatial and temporal decompositions
- Study the mechanical properties of nanomaterials and nanostructures and the fabrication process of Nano-Electrical Mechanics Systems (NEMS) / Micro-Electrical Menchanic Systems (MEMS).
Figure 4: Research in Nano Systems group.