The Joint Functional Proteomics Laboratory was established in late-2014 through the collaborative efforts of the Institute of Medical Biology (A*STAR), Nanyang Technological University and the Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (A*STAR). The laboratory gathers together multidisciplinary expertise in area of analytical biochemistry, cell biology, immunology, structural biology, molecular biology, biophysics and bioinformatics. The laboratory supports a number of academic and industrial collaborations.
The laboratory is equipped with the state-of-the-art equipment including the latest generation of Thermo Fisher mass spectrometers (Orbitrap Fusion, Orbitrap -Q-Exactive, Orbitrap -Q-Exactive HF).
Our expertise includes:
- MS based thermal shift assay as a part of NMRC awarded MS-CETSA platform at Biopolis to Z. Bozdech, P. Nordlund, R. Sobota.
- Biomarker discovery (membrane proteome analysis, secretome analysis, etc.)
- Large scale protein identification experiments (ligand identification)
- Quantitative proteomics (SILAC, TMT, iTRAQ, di-Methyl)
- Quantitative identification of interacting proteins (protein complexes analysis)
- Post-translational modification analysis (phosphorylation, ubiquitylation, acetylation)
- Signaling networks analysis
- DNA-, RNA- protein interactions
- Lipids-protein interactions
- Recombinant proteins/antibodies quality check
- MHC presented peptides identification
- Targeted proteomics PRMs (parallel reaction monitoring)