- Table-top laboratory set-up is needed to produce, manipulate, control and measure qubits such as ion-traps;
- Advanced micro-fabrication and 3D packaging is proposed as a way forward for miniaturization and scaling of such quantum computing devices
- Wire-bonding limits form factor, performance and manufacturability;
- Advanced 3D packaging and integrated silicon photonics are utilised
- The electrical I/O are delivered by high aspect ratio copper through silicon via (TSV) instead of wire-bonding;
- Integrated silicon photonics components for ion addressing and readout.
Prof. Chuan Seng TAN, NTU
Dr. Surya Bhattacharya, IME, A*STAR email@example.com