This page is maintained by
Soft Materials (SOF) Department
2 Fusionopolis Way. Innovis, #08-03, Singapore 138634
- Complex polymeric architectures
- Smart materials
- Biodegradable, natural/semi-synthetic polymers
- Organic-Inorganic hybrid nanoparticles
- Controlled radical polymerization
- Stimuli responsive polymers
- ‘Click’ Chemistry
- Polymer & nanoparticle characterization
- Drug delivery for consumer care and pharmaceutical applications
- Nanocapsules for the encapsulation and delivery of active compounds in pharmaceutical and consumer care applications
- Polymers for improved cell viability in cellular therapies
- Ph.D. (Industrial Chemistry), University of New South Wales, Australia, 2011
- B. Chemical Engineering (Hons), University of New South Wales, Australia, 2006
- Cooperative Research Centre for Polymers, Australia full PhD Scholarship (2007-2011)
- Since 2008 American Chemical Society, Member
- Since 2008 Royal Australia Chemical Institute, Member
- W.Cheng, W.Guan, J.Kumar, Y.Liu; Surfactant-Free Emulsion-Based Preparation of Redox-Responsive Nanogels, Macromol. Rapid Commun., 2015, In Print
- W.Cheng, J.Kumar, Y.Zhang, Y,Liu; pH and Redox-Responsive self-assembly of amphiphilic hyperbranched poly(amido amine) for controlled doxorubicin delivery, Biomat. Sci., 2015, 3, 597-607
- W.Cheng, J.Kumar, Y.Zhang, Y.Liu; pH and Redox-Responsive Poly (ethylene glycol) and Cholesterol-Conjugated Poly(amido amine)Based Micelles for Controlled Drug Delivery; Macromol. Biosci., 2014, 14, 347-358
- C.L.Lay, J.Kumar, C.K.Liu, X.Lu, Y.Liu; A Rocket-Like Encapsulation and Delivery System with Two-Stage Boosters Layers: pH-Responsive Poly (methacrylic acid)/ Poly(ethylene glycol) Complex-Coated Hollow Silica Vesicles; Macromol. Rapid Commun., 2013, 34, 1563-1568
- J.Kumar, A.Bousquet, M. Stenzel; Thiol-Alkyne Chemistry for the Preparation of Micelles with a Glycopolymer Corona: Dendritic Surfaces vs Linear Glycopolymer in their Ability to Bind to Lectins; Macromol. Rapid Commun., 2011, 32, 1620-1626.
- J.Kumar, L.McDowall, G.Chen, M.Stenzel; Synthesis of Thermoresponsive Glycopolymers via Copper Catalyzed Azide-Alkyne Click Chemistry for the Inhibition of Ricin: The Effect of Spacer Between Polymer Backbone and Galactose; Polymer Chem., 2011, 2, 1879-1886
- G.Chen, J.Kumar, A.Gregory, M.Stenzel; Efficient Synthesis of Dendrimers via a Thiol-yne and Esterification Process and their Potential Application in the Delivery of Platinum Anti-Cancer Drugs, Chem. Commun., 2009, 6291-6293
· "Non-toxic CO2 responsive polymer grafted hollow silica for delivery of active compounds", 2014, Singapore Patent Application No.: 10201406265T, Kumar, J.N., Liu C.K., Liu, Y.
· "Ionic polymer grafted hollow silica for temperature and CO2 responsive delivery of active compounds", 2014, Singapore Patent Application No.: 10201403449U, Kumar, J.N., Liu C.K., Liu, Y.
· “Ionic strength responsive polymer grafted silica particles”, 2013, Singapore Patent Application No.: 201304450-8, Kumar, J.N., Liu. Y., Lay, C.L., Xu J.
Last updated on : 04 Sep 2017 07:14 PM