This page is maintained by
Nanomaterials (NMA) Department
2 Fusionopolis Way. Innovis, #08-03, Singapore 138634
- Developing synthetic approaches and characterization skills for metal-semiconductor anisotropic nanostructures and inorganic metal and metal oxide branched structures.
- Work also involved the following possible applications such as photocatalysis reactions.
- Synthesis of quantum dots, metal or metal oxide tipped semiconductors, and metal or metal oxide branched nanostructures.
- Structural characterization by using TEM, STEM and EDX.
- Nov 2013- To date, Research Scientist, Institute of Materials Research and Engineering, Singapore.
- Ph.D. (Chemistry), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 2013.
- B. Sc. (Chemistry), Jilin University, China, 2009.
- Outstanding Student Researcher Award 2012, Department of Chemistry, NUS.
- Best Research Publication award 2012, Department of Chemistry, NUS.
- W. Y. Wu, M. Li, J. Lian, X. Wu, E. K. L. Yeow, M. H. Jhon, Y. Chan. Efficient Color-Tunable Multiexcitonic Dual Wavelength Emission from Type II Semiconductor Tetrapods. ACS Nano 2014, 8, 9349.
- J. Lian, K. Anggara, M. Lin, Y. Chan. Formation of Hollow Iron Oxide Tetrapods via a Shape-Preserving Nanoscale Kirkendall Effect. Small DOI: 10.1002/smll.201302006.
- Y. Xu, J. Lian, N. Mishra, Y. Chan. Multifunctional Semiconductor Nanoheterostructures via Site-selective Silica Encapsulation. Small, 2013, 9, 1908.
- J. Lian. Y. Xu, M. Lin, Y. Chan. Aqueous-Phase Reactions on Hollow Silica Encapsulated Semiconductor Nanoheterostructures. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2012, 134, 8754.
- N. Mishra, J. Lian, S. Chakrabortty, M. Lin, Y. Chan. Unusual Selectivity of Metal Deposition on Tapered Semiconductor Nanostructures. Chemistry of Materials, 2012, 24, 2040.
- L. Wang, J. Lian, P. Cui, Y. Xu, S. Seo, J. Lee, Y. Chan, H. Lee. Dual n-type Doped Reduced Graphene Oxide Field Effect Transistors Controlled by Semiconductor Nanocrystals. Chemical Communications, 2012, 48, 4052.
- X. Li,* J. Lian,* M. Lin, Y. Chan. Light-induced Selective Deposition of Metals on Gold-tipped CdSe Seeded CdS Nanorods. Journal of the American Chemical Society. 2011, 133, 672. (* These authors contributed equally in this work.)
Last updated on : 05 Sep 2017 09:34 AM