This page is maintained by
Structural Materials (STR) Department
2 Fusionopolis Way. Innovis, #08-03, Singapore 138634.
Processing-property relationships of inorganic materials e.g. metal oxides, ceramics, semi-conductors.
Material growth and processing via solid state reaction, physical vapour deposition; material, electrical, photovoltaic characterisations.
Ceramic coatings for piezoelectric acoustic sensors in structural health monitoring.
Ceramic coatings for ink jet printing.
Ceramic coatings for UV protection in glass, fabrics.
Oxide photoanodes growth and their photoelectrochemical properties.
Thin film silicon-based solar cells.
Metallisation contacts in transistors for CMOS technology.
2002 - current Senior Specialist II, IMRE.
1999 - 2001 Postgraduate student, NUS.
- M. Sc, National University of Singapore..
- B. Eng. (2nd Upper Honours), National University of Singapore.
- Since 2005 Member, Materials Research Society of Singapore.
- Liew, Siao Li; Subramanian, Gomathy Sandhya; Chua, Chin Seng; Luo, He-Kuan, "Studies into the Yb-doping effects on photoelectrochemical properties of WO3 photocatalysts", RSC Advances, 6, 19452 - 19458 (2016).
- Liew, S. L.; Zhang, Z.; Goh, T. W. Glenn; Subramanian, G. S.; Seng, H. L. Debbie; Hor, T. S. Andy; Luo, H. -K.; Chi, D. Z., "Yb-doped WO3 photocatalysts for water oxidation with visible light", Internationa Journal of Hydrogne Energy, 39, 4291-4298 (2014).
- Liew, Siao Li; Wang, Wei; Bin Dolmanan, Surani; Goh, Glen Tai Wei; Chi, Dongzhi, "Solar water oxidation in sputter-deposited nanocrystalline WO3 photoanodes via tuning of Ar:O2 flow rate combinations", Materials Chemistry and Physcis, 143, 1171-1177 (2014).
- S. L. Liew, Y. Chai, H. R. Tan, H. K. Hui, A. S. W. Wong, G. K. Dalapati and D. Z. Chi, “Improvement in photovoltaic performance of thin film beta-FeSi2/Si heterojunction solar cells with Al interlayer”, Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 159 (1) H52-H56 (2012).
- A. S. W. Wong, G. W. Ho, S. L. Liew, K. C. Chua and D. Z. Chi, “Probing the growth of β-FeSi2 nanoparticles for photovoltaic applications: a combined imaging and spectroscopy study using transmission electron microscopy”, Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications, 19: 464-472 (2011).
- G. K. Dalapati, S. L. Liew, A. S. W. Wong, Y. Chai, S. Y. Chiam, and D. Z. Chi, “Photovoltaic characteristics of β-beta-FeSi2(Al)/n-Si(100) heterojunction solar cells and the effects of interfacial engineering”, Applied Physics Letters, 98 : 013507-1 - 013507-3 (2011).
- S. L. Liew, D. H. L. Seng, H. R. Tan and D. Z. Chi, “Structural and ferromagnetic response of Fe3Si thin films on Si(001) to sputter-deposition rate and post-deposition annealing”, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics 42, 105006 (2009).
- S. L. Liew, D. H. L. Seng, D. Z. Chi, “Tuning of work function of Er-germanide metal gates on high-k dielectric”, International Conference on Solid State Devices and Materials (SSDM) 2007, Tsukuba, Japan.
- S. L. Liew, B. Balakrisnan, C. S. Ho, O. Thomas, and D. Z. Chi, “Phase and texture of Er-germanide formed on Ge(001) through a solid-state reaction”, Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 154, H9 (2007).
- B. Balakrisnan, C. C. Tan, S. L. Liew, P. C. Lim, G. K. L. Goh, Y. L. Foo, and D. Z. Chi, “Texture of NiGe on Ge(001) and its evolution with formation temperature”, Applied Physics Letters 87, 241922 (2005).
- Ultraviolet absorbing nano ceramic ink and processing of the same.
- Tunable transparent ceramics nano ink, processing applications of the same.
- Design of flexural motor devices
- Photoelectric transducer using iron silicide and aluminium.
- Methods of enhancing thermal stability of nickel germanide.
Last updated on : 02 Apr 2019 01:09 PM