This page is maintained by
Dr. Maureen Janet TAN Beng Hoon
Senior Scientist I / Head, Polymer Composite
Polymer Composite (PMC) Department
2 Fusionopolis Way, #08-03, Innovis, Singapore 138634
1. Functional polymers and polymer composites.
1. Dynamic and Static Light Scattering
2. Structure-property-process relationship of polymers and composites
April 2018 - Current Senior Scientist I
April 2015 - March 2018 Scientist III
April 2013 - March 2015 Scientist II
Jun 2007 - March 2013 Scientist I
March 2005 - May 2007 Research Fellow, NTU
- PhD, NTU, Singapore, 2005
- B.Eng, USM, Malaysia, 2001
- Li ZB, Muiruri JK, Thitsartarn W, Zhang X, Tan BH*, He CB*. Biodegradable silica rubber core-shell nanoparticles and their stereocomplex for efficient PLA toughening. Composites Science and Technology, 2018, 159, 11-17.
- Fan XS, Tan BH, Li ZB*, Loh XJ. Control of PLA Stereoisomers-Based Polyurethane Elastomers as Highly Efficient Shape Memory Materials. ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering, 2017, 5(1), 1217-1227.
- Li Z1, Tan BH1, Lin TT, He CB*. Recent Advances in Stereocomplexation of Enantiomeric PLA-Based Copolymers and Applications. Progress in Polymer Science, 2016: doi:10.1016/j.progpolymsci.2016.05.003. 1Both these authors made an equal contribution to this work.
- Tan BH, Muiruri JK, Li Z* and He CB*. Recent Progress in Using Stereocomplexation for Enhancement of Thermal and Mechanical Property of Polylactide; ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng., 2016, 4 (10), pp 5370–5391.
- Li Z, Yuan D, Jin GR, Tan BH and He CB*. Facile Layer-by-Layer Self-Assembly toward Enantiomeric Poly(lactide) Stereocomplex Coated Magnetite Nanocarrier for Highly Tunable Drug Deliveries; ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2016, 8(3), pp 1842-1853
- Li Z, Yuan D, Fan X, Tan BH*, He CB*. “Poly(ethylene glycol) Conjugated Poly(lactide)-Based Polyelectrolytes: Synthesis and Formation of Stable Self-Assemblies Induced by Stereocomplexation,” Langmuir, 2015, 31, 2321−2333.
- Li Z‡, Tan BH‡, Jin G, Li K, He CB*.“Design of polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane (POSS) based thermo-responsive amphiphilic hybrid copolymers for thermally denatured protein protection applications,” Polymer Chemistry, 2014, 5, 6740-6753 (‡ equal contribution for Li Z and Tan BH).
- Zhang X, Tan BH*, He CB*. “Tailoring the LCST of PNIPAAM-b-PLA-b-PNIPAAM Triblock Copolymers via Stereocomplexation,” Macromolecular Rapid Communications, 2013, 34, 1761-1766.
- Tan BH, Hussain H, Leong YW, Lin TT, Tjiu WW, He CB*. “Tuning Self-Assembly of Hybrid PLA-P(MA-POSS) block Copolymers in Solution via Stereocomplexation,” Polymer Chemistry, 2013, 4(4), 1250 – 1259.
- Tan BH, Hussain H, He CB*. “Tailoring Micelle Formation and Gelation in (PEG – P(MAPOSS)) Amphiphilic Hybrid Block Copolymers,” Macromolecules, 2011, 1(3), 276-279.
- Tan BH, Hussain H, Lin TT, Chua YC, Leong YW, Tjiu WW, Wong PK, He CB*. “Stable Dispersions of Hybrid Nanoparticles Induced by Stereocomplexation between Enantiomeric Poly(lactide) Star Polymers,” Langmuir, 2011, 27(17), 10538–10547.
- Hussain H‡, Tan BH‡, Seah GL, He CB, Liu Y*, Davis TP*. “Micelle Formation and Gelation of (PEG–b-P(MA-POSS)) Amphiphilic Block Copolymers Via Associative Hydrophobic Effects,” Langmuir, 2010, 26(14), 11763–11773. (‡equal contribution for Hussain H and Tan BH).
- Tan BH, Hussain H, Chaw KC, Dickinson GH, Gudipati CS, Birch WR, Teo SLM, He CB, Liu Y*, Davis TP*. “Barnacle Repellent Nanostructured Surfaces Formed by the Self-Assembly of Amphiphilic Block Copolymers,” Polymer Chemistry, 2010, 1(3), 276-279.
- Tan BH, Hussain H, He CB, Liu Y*, Davis TP*. “Synthesis and Self-Assembly of Brush-Type Poly[poly(ethylene glycol)methyl ether methacrylate]-block-poly(pentafluorostyrene) Amphiphilic Diblock Copolymers in Aqueous Solution,” Langmuir, 2010, 26(4), 2361–2368.
- Tan BH, Dupin D, Armes SP, Tam KC*. “Rheological Behavior of Acid-Swellable Cationic Copolymer Latexes,” Langmuir, 2010, 26(4), 2736-2744.
- Hussain H, Tan BH, He CB, Liu Y*, Davis TP*. “Micelle Formation of Amphiphilic Polystyrene-b-poly(N-vinylpyrrolidone) Copolymer in Methanol and Water-Methanol Binary Mixtures,” Langmuir, 2009, 25(10), 5557-5564.
- Tan BH, Gudipati CS, Hussain H, He CB, Liu Y*, Davis TP*. “Synthesis and Self-Assembly of pH-Responsive Amphiphilic Poly(dimethylaminoethyl methacrylate)-block-Poly(pentafluorostyrene) Block Copolymer in Aqueous Solution.” Macromolecular Rapid Communications, 2009, 30, 1002–1008.
- Ho BS, Tan BH, Tan JPK, Tam KC*. “Inverse microemulsion of sterically stabilized polyampholyte microgels,” Langmuir, 2008, 24(15), 7698-7703.
- Tan BH, Tam KC*. “Review on the Dynamics and Microstructure of pH-Responsive Nano-Colloidal System,” Advances in Colloid and Interface Science (Review article), 2008, 136(1-2), 25-44.
- Gudipati CS, Tan BH, Hussain H, Liu Y*, He CB, Davis TP*. “Synthesis of Poly(glycidyl methacrylate)-block-Poly(pentafluorostyrene) by RAFT: Precursor to Novel Amphiphilic Poly(glycerylmethacrylate)-block-PPFS,” Macromolecular Rapid Communications, 2008, 29, 1902–1907.
- Tan BH, Tam KC*. “Analysis of particle-solvent interactions in pH-responsive cross-linked microgel systems,” Polymer, 2007, 48, 6589-6597.
- Tan BH, Ravi P, Tan LN, Tam KC*. “Synthesis and Aqueous Solution Properties of Sterically Stabilized pH-Responsive Polyampholyte Microgels,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 2007, 309, 453–463
- Tan BH, Ravi P, Tam KC*. “Synthesis and Characterization of Novel pH-Responsive Polyampholyte Microgels, Macromol. Rapid Communications, 2006, 27(7), 522-528.
- Tan BH, Tam KC*, Lam YC, Tan CB. “Osmotic compressibility of soft colloidal systems,” Langmuir, 2005, 21(10), 4283-4290.
- Tan BH, Tam KC*, Lam YC, Tan CB. “Microstructure and Rheology of Stimuli-Responsive Microgel Systems-Effect of Cross-linked Density, Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 2005, 113(2-3), 111-120.
- Tan BH, Tam KC*, Lam YC, Tan CB. “Microstructure and Rheology of Stimuli-Responsive Nano-colloidal Systems-Effect of Ionic Strength,” Langmuir, 2004, 20(26), 11380-11386.
- Tan BH, Tam KC*, Lam YC, Tan CB. “A Semi-Empirical Approach for Modeling Charged Soft Microgel Particles,” Journal of Rheology, 2004, 48(4), 915-926.
- Inventors: Gudipati CS, Hussain H, Tan BH, Liu Y, He CB and Davis TP. Title: New Block Copolymers and Their Applications for Anti-Fouling. PCT/SG2010/000058
- Inventors: Leong YW, Tan BH, Lin TT, Chua YC, Tjiu WW, He CB, Wong PK. Title: Hybrid Block Copolymers for Toughening of Polylactic Acid. US Patent Application No. 13/757,955
- Inventors: Li ZB, Tan BH, He CB. Title: Method to Develop Stable Hybrid Micelles from Thermo-Responsive Copolymers and their Applications for Thermally Denatured Protein Protection. SG Patent Application No. IMR/P/08527/00/SG
Last updated on : 11 Feb 2019 05:24 PM