1. High performance nano-composites processing and characterizations.
2. Tribological analysis in harsh environments; adhesive, abrasive, fretting, tribo-corrosion.
3. Expertise with composites manufacturing techniques; extrusion, injection molding, pre-preg-powder/solution/dry pre-pregs, autoclave, solid state sintering (ceramics processing).
4. Mechanical testing tensile, flexural, fatigue and impact testing, failure analysis, fracture mechanics, damage detection & NDE of reinforced composites materials.
5. Analyst in modified interface characterization using spectroscopy (Raman spectroscopy), nano indentation/nano-mechanical techniques (AFM-nanoTA, AFM-IR, AFM-LCR).
6. Ceramics/polymer/composites development and characterization for harsh temperature and pressure extremities.
7. Nano scratch adhesion, nano-indentation for thin films to hard ceramic coatings materials.
1. A.K. Kadiyala, M. Sharma, J. Bijwe, Exploration of thermoplastic polyimide as high temperature adhesive and understanding the interfacial chemistry using XPS, ToF-SIMS and Raman spectroscopy. Materials & Design, 109 (2016) 622–633.
2. G.K. Dalapati, S.M. Panah, S.T. Chua, M. Sharma, T.I. Wong, H.R. Tan, D. Chi, Color tunable low cost transparent heat reflector using copper and titanium oxide for energy saving application, Scientific Reports, 6 (2016) 20182.
3. B. Bhartia, S. Reddy, S. Jayaraman, C. Gandhimathi, M. Sharma, et al. Highly stable bonding of thiol monolayers to Hydrogen-Terminated Si via supercritical carbon dioxide: Towards a super hydrophobic and bio-resistant surface. Applied Materials and Interfaces, DOI: 10.1021/acsami.6b06018.
4. M. Sharma, S. Wang, Y.W. Leong, Wear resistance properties of Nylon-SiC hybrids composites, Advanced Materials Research, 1110 (2015) 88-91.
5. S. Wang, M. Sharma, Y.W. Leong, Polyamide 11/layered silicate nanocomposite using polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane surfactants. Advanced Materials Research, 1110 (2015) 65-68.
6. S. Sharma, J. Bijwe, S. Panier, M. Sharma, Abrasive wear performance of SiC-UHMWPE nanocomposites Influence of amount and size. Wear, 332 (2015) 863–871.
7. M. Sharma, S. Gao, E. Mäder, H. Sharma, Y.W. Leong, J. Bijwe, Carbon fiber surfaces and composite interphases, Composites Science and Technology, 102 (2014) 35-50.
8. H. Sharma, D. C. Agarwal, M. Sharma, A. K. Shukla, D. K. Avasthi, V. D. Vankar, Stress Behavior Investigations and Enhanced Wetting Characteristics in Carbon Nanotubes and Multilayer Graphene on Irradiation, Applied Materials and Interfaces, 6 (2014) 12531-12540.
9. M. Sharma, J. Bijwe, K. Kunze, E. Mader. Strengthening of CF/PEEK interface to improve the tribological performance in low amplitude oscillating wear mode. Wear, 301 (2013) 735-739.
10. H. Sharma, D. C. Agarwal, M. Sharma, A. K. Shukla, D. K. Avasthi, V. D. Vankar, Tailoring of structural and electron emission properties of CNT walls and graphene layers using high-energy irradiation, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 46 (2013) 315301.
11. J. Bijwe, S. Sharma, M. Sharma, T. Parida, P. Trivedi. Exploration of potential of solid lubricants and short fibers in PAEK composites. Wear, 301 (2013) 810-819.
12. M. Sharma, J. Bijwe, Surface engineering of polymer composites with nano and micron sized PTFE fillers, Journal of Materials Science, 47 (2012) 4928-4935.
13. M. Sharma, J. Bijwe, P. Mitschang, Exploring potential of micro Raman spectroscopy for correlating graphitic distortion in carbon fibers with stresses in erosive wear studies of PEEK composites. Wear, 270 (2011) 791-799.
14. M. Sharma, S. Tiwari, J. Bijwe Optimization of material parameters for development of polyetherimide composites, Materials Science and Engineering: B 168 (2010) 55-59.
15. S. Tiwari, M. Sharma, S. Panier, B. Mutel, P. Mitschang, J. Bijwe, Influence of cold remote nitrogen oxygen plasma treatment on carbon fabric and its composites with specialty polymers, Journal of Materials Science, 46 (2011) 964-974.
16. M. Sharma, J. Bijwe, Influence of molecular weight on performance properties of Polyethersulphone and its composites with carbon fabric, Wear, 274–275 (2012) 388-394.
17. M. Sharma, J. Bijwe, P. Mitschang, Abrasive wear studies on composites of PEEK and PES with modified surface of carbon fabric, Tribology International 44 (2011) 81-91.
18. M. Sharma, J. Bijwe, P. Mitschang, Wear performance of PEEK-Carbon fabric composites with strengthened fiber-matrix interface. Wear, 271 (2011) 2261-2268.
19. M. Sharma, J. Bijwe, K. Singh, Studies for wear property correlation for carbon fabric reinforced PES composites, Tribology Letters 43 (2011) 267-273.
20. M. Sharma, J. Bijwe, Influence of fiber-matrix adhesion and operating parameters on sliding wear performance of carbon fabric Polyethersulphone composites. Wear, 271 (2011) 2919-2927.
21. M. Sharma, I. M. Rao, J. Bijwe, Influence of fiber orientation on abrasive wear of uni-directionally reinforced carbon fiber–polyetherimide composites, Tribology International 43 (2010) 959-964.
22. M. Sharma, I. M. Rao, J. Bijwe, Influence of Orientation of Long Fibers in Carbon Fiber-Polyetherimide Composites on Mechanical and Tribological Properties, Wear 267 (5-8) (2009) 839-845. (Also Presented in Wear of Materials, USA, 2009).