This page is maintained by
Soft Materials (SOF) Department
2 Fusionopolis Way. Innovis, #08-03, Singapore 138634
- Exploring different surface engineering strategies with respect to colloidal semiconductor nanocrystals for the build-up of novel nanoheterostructures incorporating multiple functionalities.
- Investigating the surface chemistry of semiconductor nanocrystals and their behaviors as optical readouts in high throughput microfluidic platforms.
- Synthesis of different size and shape colloid semiconductor nanocrystals and creation of multifunctional nanoheterostructures.
- Characterization and formation mechanism study of nanomaterials using spectrophotometer, spectrofluorometer, transmission electron microscope, power X-ray diffraction and scanning electron microscope
- Surface functionalization and modification of different nanomaterials and furthur conjugation of different nanoparticles to various biomolecules.
- Design, fabrication and manipulate polydimehilsiloxane (PDMS) microfluidic devices
Feb 2014 - To date, Scientist I, Institute of Materials Research and Engineering, Singapore.
Aug 2012 - Jul 2013, Research Assistant, National Univerisity of Singapore, Singapore
- Ph.D. (Chemistry), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 2013.
- B.Eng. Chemiacal Engineering and Technology, Soochow University, 2008
- Y. Liao, Y. Xu, Y. Chan "Semiconductor Nanocrystals in Sol-gel Derived Matrices" Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2013, 15, 13694-13704
- Y. Xu, J. Lian, N. Mishra, Y. Chan “Multifunctional Semiconductor Nanoheterostructures via Site-Selective Silica Encapsulation” Small, 2013, 9, 1908-1915.
- B. Kang, A. Schrade, Y. Xu, Y. Chan, U. Ziener “Synthesis and Characterization of Dually Labeled Pickering-Type Stabilized Polymer Nanoparticles in a Downscaled Miniemulsion System” Langmuir, 2012, 28, 9347-9354.
- J. Lian, Y. Xu, M. Lin, Y. Chan “Aqueous-Phase Reactions on Hollow Silica-Encapsulated Semiconductor Nanoheterostructures” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134, 8754-8757.
- Q. Tian, W. Wong, Y. Xu, Y. Chan, H. K. Ho, G. Pastorin, W. H. Ang “Immobilisation of quantum dots by bio-orthogonal PCR amplification and labelling for direct gene detection and quantitation” Chem. Commun., 2012, 48, 5467-5469.
- L. Wang, J. Lian, P. Cui, Y. Xu, S. Seo, J. Lee,a Y. Chan, H. Lee “Dual n-type doped reduced graphene oxide field effect transistors controlled by semiconductor nanocrystals” Chem. Commun. 2012, 48, 4052-4054.
- S. chakrabortty, G. Xing, Y. Xu, S. W. Ngiam, N. Mishra, T. C. Sum, Y. Chan.”Engineering Fluorescence in Au-Tipped, CdSe-Seeded CdS Nanoheteristructures” Small 2011, 7, 2847-2852.
- Y. Z. Wu, S. Chakrabortty, R. A. Gropeanu, J. Wilhelmi, Y. Xu, K. S. Er, S.L. Kuan, K. Koynov, Y. Chan, T. J. Weil. “pH-responsive quantum dots via an albumin polymer surface coating” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 5012-5014.
Last updated on : 03 Apr 2019 06:12 PM