This page is maintained by
Nanofabrication (NFB) Department
2 Fusionopolis Way. Innovis, #08-03 Singapore 138634
- Micro and Nanofabrication - with expertise in nanoinjection molding and nanoimprint lithography
- Bacteria-material interactions
- Surface micro and nano-texturing for biotechnology and biomedical applications
- Nanofabrication: Nanoimprint lithography, SPM (AFM, SNOM) lithography
- Nanoscale tribology via AFM (Chemical force, friction force microscopy)
- A*STAR Nanoimprint Foundry - R& D center based on nanofabrication and lithography
- Bacterial responses to micro and nanotopographies
- Current: A*STAR Nanoimprint Foundry Manager & Senior Scientist II, IMRE.
- Ph.D (Chemistry) University of Sheffield, UK 2004
- B.Sc (Hons Ist Class) University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology, UK 2000
- IES Prestigious Engineering Achievement Awards 2016
- A*STAR Most Inspiring Mentor Award 2013
- TUM-SNIC Industry Award in Chemistry Education 2013
- A*STAR Talent Award 2011
- Procter and Gamble Post Graduate Prize Physical Chemistry 2001
- UK Universities Overseas Research Scholarship, UK 2000
- University of Sheffield Research Scholarship, UK 2000
- 2011 - 2013: Treasurer, Singapore National Institute of Chemistry (SNIC)
- 2011: Honorary Auditor, Materials Research Society (Singapore)
- 2009 - current: Member of Materials Research Society (Singapore)
- 2002 - current: Member of AVS, Science and Technology of Materials Interfaces and Processing (USA)
- High-Resolution, high-aspect-ratio iridium-nickel composite nanoimprint molds, C. S. Lee, Y. Y. Lee, K. S. L. Chong, L. Wang, C. Dais, F. Clube, H. H. Solak, I. Mohacsi, C. David, R. Bischofberger, Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, 2016, 34(6), 61804.
- Transparent hydrophobic antimicrobial coatings by In situ synthesis of Ag nanoparticles in a surface-grafted amphiphilic comb-copolymer. R. R. Liu, Y. Y. Lee, K. S. L. Chong, N. Tomczak, Advanced Materials Interfaces, 2016, 3(1), 1500448.
- Synthesis of antibacterial and magnetic nanocomposites by decorating grapheme oxide surface with metal nanoparticles, R. Moosavi, S. Ramanathan, Y. Y. Lee, K. S. L. Chong, A. Afkhami, G. Archunan, P. Padmanabhan, B. Gulyas, M. Kakran, S. Tamil Selvan, RSC Advances, 5(96), 76442-76450.
- Directed self-assembly of sub-10 nm particle clusters using topographical templates, M. Asbahi, W. Fuke, Z. Dong, J. K. W. Yang, K. S. L. Chong, Nanotechnology, 2016, 27, 424001, Special Issue Article.
- Large area directed self-assembly of sub-10 nm particles with single particle positioning resolution, Mohamed Asbahi, Shafigh Mehraeen, Fuke Wang, Nikolai Yakovlev, Karen SL Chong, Jianshu Cao, Mei Che Tan, Joel KW Yang, Nano Letters 08/2015; DOI:10.1021/acs.nanolett.5b02291
- Fabrication of self-cleaning reuseable titania templates for nanometer and micrometer protein patterning, Mark Moxey, Alexander Johnson, Osama El-Zubir, Michael Cartron, Saman Safari Dinachali, C. Neil Hunter, Mohammad S. M. Saifullah , Karen S. L. Chong, and Graham J. Leggett, ACS Nano, 2015, 9(6), 6262-6270.
- In-situ formation of anti-bacterial silver nanoparticles on cotton textiles, Hong Jun Liu, Yeong-Yuh Lee, Tyler B. Norsten and Karen S.L. Chong, Journal of Industrial Textiles 2013, 1528083713481833, first published on March 24, 2013.
- Recessed area patterning via nanoimprint lithography, K.S.L. Chong, Y.Y. Lee and H.Y. Low, Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, 2011, 29(6), 060602.
- Scaleable nanoimprint patterning of thin graphitic oxide sheets and in-situ reduction, Y.Y Lee, K.S.L Chong, S.H Goh, A.M.H Ng and M.Kunnavakam, Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, 2011, 29(1), 011023.
- Aggregation induced polyelectrolyte multilayer film containing cubic silsesquioxane nanoparticle, K. Y. Mya, K. S. L. Chong, B. Tsai and C. B. He, Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 2010, 12(8), 2865.
- The Use of Nanoimprint Lithography to Improve Efficiencies of Bilayer Organic Solar Cells based on P3HT and a Small Molecule Acceptor, Wenjin Zeng, Karen S. L. Chong, Hong Y Low, Evan L. Williams, Teck L. Tam, Alan Sellinger, Thin Solid Films, 2009, V517, 24, 6833.
- Pattern size reduction effect via a ‘mix and match’ sequential imprinting technique, K.S.L. Chong and H.Y Low, Langmuir, 2009, 25(11), 6559.
- Patterned microcontainers as novel functional elements for µTAS and LOC, Maria N. Antipina, Maxim V. Kiryukhin, Karen Chong, Hong Yee Low and Gleb B. Sukhorukov; Lab on a Chip, 2009, 9, 1472.
- Fabrication of biomolecular nanostructures by scanning near-field photolithography of oligo(ethylene glycol) terminated self-assembled monolayers, Matthew Montague, Robert E. Ducker, Karen S.L. Chong, Robert J. Manning, Frank J.M Rutten, Martyn C.Davies and Graham J.Leggett, Langmuir, 2007, 23(13), 7328.
- Friction Force Microscopy: Toward Quantitative Analysis of Molecular Organisation with Nanometre Spatial Resolution, Leggett GJ, Brewer NJ and Chong KSL, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2005, 7, 1107.
- Measurement of the Kinetics of Photo-oxidation of Self-Assembled Monolayers using Friction Force Microscopy, Chong KSL, Sun SQ and Leggett GJ, Langmuir, 2005, 21, 3903.
- Photopatterning of self-assembled monolayers at 244 nm and applications to the fabrication of functional microstructures and nanostructures, Sun SQ, Chong KSL and Leggett GJ; Nanotechnology, 2005, 16(9), 1798.
- Scanning near-field photolithography: A new tool for fabricating molecular nanostructures, Leggett GJ, Chong KSL and Sun SQ, Abstracts of the American Chemical Society 227: U875-U875 446-COLL Part 1 MAR 28 2004
- Scanning near-field optical lithography of self-assembled monolayers, Sun S, Chong KSL and Leggett GJ, J of American Chemical Society, 2002,124, 2414.
- 2016 "Wound Guardian - Micro and nanostructured wound dressings". Inventors: K. S. L. Chong, F. L. Yap, Q. Y. Ong, Y. Y. Lee. SG Patent Application No. 10201601880T.
- 2016 "Tex Lens - Surface textured contact lens". Inventors: K. S. L. Chong, F. L. Yap, Q. Y. Ong, Y. Y. Lee, M. S. M. Saifullah, Y. C. Loke. SG Patent Application No. 10201600660Q.
- "Invention: Flexible hybrid mold for imprinting". Inventors: Mark Allen MOXEY, M. S. M. SAIFULLAH, Karen CHONG Siew Ling, KHOO Tian Poh (Wangi Industrial Co. Pte. Ltd), CHEW Ker Yee (Wangi Industrial Co. Pte. Ltd). SG Patent Application No. 10201604029Y.
- 2015 “Nanoinjection Molding”. Inventors: Loke Yee Chong, MSM Saifullah, Karen Chong, Nicholas Leong (Banshing), Alvin Cheng (Banshing). SG filed, awaiting filing number.
- 2015 “High clarity, anti-fog, anti-UV goggle, visors and eyewear” Inventors: LI Xue, YANG Ren Bin, Mohamed Sultan Mohiddin SAIFULLAH, Karen CHONG Siew Ling, LEE Chang Sheng, LOKE Yee Chong, HE Ai Yu. SG Patent Application No. 0201501746R.
- 2015 “Hard Anti-Reflection glass”. Inventors: Mark A. Moxey, M. S. M. Saifullah and Karen Chong, Chew Ker Yee (Wangi Industrial) , Khoo Tian Poh (Wangi Industrial) , Cheah Li Kang (Wangi Industrial). SG Patent Application No. 10201500867Y.
- 2014 “Nanostructured metallic surfaces via nanoimprinting at hot working temperatures” Inventors: Li Xue, M. S. M. Saifullah, Loke Yee Chong and Karen Chong. SG Application 10201402732P.
- 2012 "Surface topographies for reducing the attachment of microorganisms": Karen Chong, Lee Yeong Yuh, Goh Seok Hong, Ryan Chaw, Kevin Khaw, Low Hong Yee, Adrian Yeo, Choy Weng Keong and Loh Han Liat.
- 2009 “Release-on-demand Microchamber Array”: Maxim Kiryukhin, Anton Sadovoy, Sergey Gorelik, Man Shu Mei,Maria Antipina, Karen Chong, Low Hong Yee and Gleb Sukhorukov.
- 2008 "Array of Microcapsules For Controlled Loading Of Macromolecules, Nanoparticles and Other Nanoscale Items and A Method Of Fabricating It": Maxim Kiryukhin, Maria Antipina, Karen Chong, Low Hong Yee and Gleb Sukhorukov.
- 2007 "A Method of Making A Secondary Imprint On An Imprinted Polymer": Karen Chong and Low Hong Yee.
- 2006 "A Method of Manufacturing an Organic Electronic or Optoelectronic Device"; Low Hong Yee, Jarrett Dumond, Karen Chong, Kyoko Yamamoto and Satoshi Amamiya.
Last updated on : 08 Apr 2019 09:25 AM