This page is maintained by
Polymer Composite (PMC) Department
2 Fusionopolis Way. Innovis, #08-03, Singapore 138634
- Functional materials, including ferroelectric and piezoelectric polymers and ceramics.
- One-dimensional nanostructures
- Ultrasonic transducers and imaging systems
- Synthesis of one-dimensional nanostructures via template-based method
- Synthesis of self-ordered anodized alumina membrane
- Synthesis of polymeric thin films via spin-coating, dip-coating and electrophoresis methods
- Materials characterizations
- Acoustic and photo-acoustic imaging
- 2016 – 2021 Surgical Photoacoustic Nanotechnology (SPAN) - Highly Sensitive Piezoelectric Ultrasonic Transducers
- March 2018 – Current Scientist I (Institute of Materials Research and Engineering)
- Sept 2016 – March 2018 Specialist I (Institute of Materials Research and Engineering)
- 2012 – 2017 Ph.D. (National University of Singapore)
- 2008 – 2012 B.Eng. (Hons.) (National University of Singapore)
- W.H. Liew, M.S. Mirshekarloo, S. Chen, K. Yao & F.E.H. Tay, “Nanoconfinement induced crystal orientation and large piezoelectric coefficient in vertically aligned P(VDF-TrFE) nanotube array” Sci. Rep. 5, 9790 (2015).
- WH Liew, K Yao, S Chen, and FEH Tay, “Piezoelectric nanotube array for broadband high frequency ultrasonic transducer,” IEEE Trans. Ultrason. Ferroelectr. Freq. Contr. 65, 457-464 (2018).
- YM Abdelrahman, K Yao, S Chen, WH Liew, and S Ramakrishna, "Mechanisms for enhancing polarization orientation and piezoelectric parameters of PVDF nanofibers", Adv. Electron. Mater. 4, 1700562 (2018).
A method to produce electromechanical polymer multilayer structures and the resulting devices
High frequency ultrasonic transducer using one-dimensional piezoelectric nanostructures
Last updated on : 17 Dec 2018 11:26 AM