This page is maintained by
Soft Materials (SOF) Department
2 Fusionopolis Way, Innovis, #08-03, Singapore 138634
- Advanced materials for chronic wound care management
- Ring opening metathesis polymerization reactions
- Diabetic foot ulcer and venous ulcer healing materials
- Synthetic bioactive materials for skin and bone tissue regeneration; ring opening metathesis polymerization reactions
- Olefin metathesis reactions
- Olefin heterofunctionalization reactions
- Advanced dressings for chronic wound management - a project under wound care innovation in the tropics program, A*STAR
- Dec 2017 - present Scientist III at Institute of Materials Research & Engineering (IMRE), A*STAR
- Jun 2017- present Adjunct Lecturer, NUS Graduate School for Integrative Science & Engineering,
National University of Singapore
- Jan 2011 - Nov 2017 Scientist II at Institute of Chemical & Engineering Sciences (ICES), A*STAR,
- Jun 2012 - Jun 2014 Assistant professor at Department of Chemistry, National University of Singapore
(A*STAR Scholar Research Institute - University Joint Appointment Scheme, 25%
appointment in NUS/ 75% appointment in ICES)
2009 - 2012 Postdoctoral fellow in Prof. Robert H. Grubbs' group, California Institute of Technology
2004 - 2008 PhD in Chemistry, National University of Singapore (Advisor: Prof Andy Hor Tzi Sum)
Thesis title : Supramolecular self-assembly using geometrically defined metals and topologically-
2000 - 2004 Bachelor in Science, Chemistry major (Second Upper Honours), National University of Singapore
A*STAR Postdoctoral Fellowship 2009 - 2011
A*STAR Graduate Scholarship 2004 - 2008
- Y-S. Yang, N. I. Wong, P. Teo, Formal intermolecular hydroamination of unbiased olefins for primary amine production, Eur. J. Org. Chem., 2015, 1207.
- Y-S. Yang, J. Guo, H-M. Ng, P. Teo, Formal hydration of non-activated terminal olefins using tandem catalysts, Chem. Commun. 2014, 50, 2608.
- J. Guo, P. Teo, Anti-Markovnikov oxidation and hydration of terminal olefins, Dalton Transactions, 2014, 43, 6952.
- P. Teo, Z. K. Wickens, G. Dong, R. H. Grubbs, Efficient and highly aldehyde-selective Wacker oxidation, Organic Letters, 2012, 14, 3237.
- G. Dong, P. Teo, Z. K. Wickens, R. H. Grubbs, Direct synthesis of primary alcohols from non-activated terminal olefins: a catalytic formal anti-Markonikov hydration process using a triple-relay catalysis system, Science, 2011, 333, 1609. Highlighted in Chemical & Engineering News, Science and Technology Concentrates, September 19 2011, Vol. 89, Pg. 29.
- R. Pattacini, P. Teo, J. Zhang, Y. Lan, A. K. Powell, T. S. A. Hor, P. Braunstein, Synthesis, structure and magnetic properties of new Co(II) polynuclear complexes of pyridine-2-ylmethanol, Dalton Trans., 2011, 40, 10526.
- P. Teo, T. S. A. Hor, Spacer directed metallo-supramolecular assemblies of pyridinecarboxylates, Coordination Chemistry Reviews, 2011, 255, 273.
- P. Teo, R. H. Grubbs, Facile synthesis of efficient and selective ruthenium olefin metathesis catalysts with sulfonate and phosphate ligands, Organometallics, 2010, 29, 6045. Highlighted in Chemical & Engineering News, Science and Technology Concentrates, November 15 2010, Vol. 88, Pg. 37.
- J. Zhang, P. Teo, R. Pattacini, A. Kergamot, R. Welter, G. Rogez, T.S.A. Hor, P. Braunstein, Structural effects of sodium cations in polynuclear, multicubane-type mixed Na-Ni complexes, Angewante Chemie. Intl. Ed., 2010, 49, 4443.
- P. Teo, L. L. Koh, T. S. A. Hor, Na+ and Ca 2+ ion selective pyridylcarboxylate rings of Pd(II) and Pt(II), Dalton Transactions, 2009, 5637.
- P. Teo, J. Wang, L. L. Koh, T. S. A. Hor, Isolation of cationic digold-frame with free carboxylic acid pendants, Dalton Transactions, 2009, 5009.
- P. Teo, L. L. Koh, T. S. A. Hor, Spacer-Directed Coordination Polymers-of-Oligomers (POLO) of Silver, Inorganic Chemistry, 2008, 47, 9561.
- P. Teo, L. L. Koh, T. S. A. Hor, Oligo - and polymeric Pd(II) and Pt(II) using pyridylcarboxylate spacers for topology control, Inorganic Chemistry, 2008, 47, 6464.
- P. Teo, L. L. Koh, T. S. A. Hor, General formation of trigonal prismatic (Ag6X5(dppf)3]+ (X = Cl, Br, I) through an usual ligand migration from NiX2(dppf) to AgOTf, Chemical Communications, 2007, 4221.
- P. Teo, L. L. Koh, T. S. A. Hor, Assembly of gold rings and chains with pyridyl carboxylate as directional spacer, Chemical Communications, 2007, 2225.
- P. Teo, L. L. Koh, T. S. A. Hor, Silver decoration of a palladacycle through a "Spacer-guest" interaction, Inorganica Chimica Acta., 2006, 359, 3435. Special Edition for D. M. P. Mingos.
- P. Teo, D. M. J. Foo, L. L. Koh, T. S. A. Hor, Constructing Homo- & Heterometallic Molecular Topologies Using Pyridylcarboxylates as Spacers: Preparation of a Half-Ring Complex with Active Coordination Sites, Dalton Transactions, 2004, 20, 3389.
- P. Teo, L. L. Koh, T. S. A. Hor, Unusual Coordination Assemblies From Platinum(II) Thienyl and Bithienyl Complexes, Inorganic Chemistry, 2003, 42, 7290.
- G. Dong, P. Teo, Z. K. Wickens, R. H. Grubbs, Direct synthesis of primary alcohols from non-activated olefins: A catalytic formal anti-Markovnikov hydration process using a triple-relay catalysis system. WO/2012/092512; PCT/US2011/067948; US09533928B2.
- H-M. Ng, P. Teo, Formal asymmetric hydration of olefins using triple-relay catalyst system, NUS invention disclosure, NUS Ref: 13172 A.
- IMRE Technology disclosure: IMRE/2018007.
Last updated on : 05 Apr 2019 04:42 PM