This page is maintained by
Advanced Characterisation and Instrumentation (ACI) Department
2 Fusionopolis Way, Innovis, #08-03, Singapore 138634
Material characterization, Failure analysis, Spintronics, Function materials, MEMS & Microsensor
Surface analysis, Failure analysis, Micromagnetic devices, Microfabrication
Material characterization and failure analysis, member, 2016 – 2018
Energy assisted magnetic recording and spin torque oscillator, member, 2013 – 2016
Development of micro-sensor and micro-actuator for smart sliders: head-disk contact sensing and nano actuating to achieve 10 Tb/in2, Co-PI, 2011 – 2013
Advanced slider and head disk interface technology, Member,2006 – 2010
Slider fabrication for thin film magnetic head, Member, 2000 – 2005
Non-silicon based optical MEMS device, Member, 1998 – 2000
Micro Pt thin film temperature senor, Member , 1991 – 1993
Jun.2018 – Now: Senior Scientist, Institute of Material Research and Engineering
Feb. 2000 - May 2018: Research Engineer/Scientist/Senior Scientist, Data Storage Institute
Mar. 1998-Jan. 2000: Post-doctoral Fellow, Institute of Micro/Nano Science and Technology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Jul. 1993-Mar.1995: Engineer, Shanghai Tera Hi-Tech Inc.
Mar.1991-Jul. 1993: Assistant Engineer, Division of transducer, Shanghai Institute of Microsystem and Information Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Mar. 1995-Mar. 1998, Ph.D. in Material Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China.
Sept. 1988-Mar.1991, Master of Engineering in Electronic Materials and Components, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China.
Sept. 1984-Sept. 1988, Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics, Department of Applied Physics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
National Technology Award (Singapore) 2005
Technical Achievement Award of Information Storage Industry Consortium (INSIC) 2005
Innovation Award (Singapore) 2003
Most Outstanding R & D Staff Award of Data Storage Institute 2002-2003
- M. Zhang, T. Zhou, Z. Yuan, “Analysis of switchable spin torque oscillator for microwave assisted magnetic recording”, Advances in Condensed Matter Physics 2015, 5, 2015.
- T. Zhou, M. Zhang, K. Cher, H.S. Wong, H.J. Chung, B.H. Low, Y. Yang, Z. Liu, Development of Spin-Torque Oscillators and High Ku CoPt Media With Small Grain Size for Microwave-Assisted Magnetic Recording, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics 51 (4), 3000207.
- M. Zhang, T. Zhou, Z. Yuan, “Switching window analysis of a magnetic media grain in microwave assisted magnetic recording”, Journal of Applied Physics 117 (17), 17E303.
- J.F. Ying, M. Zhang, R Ji, H Xie, J Tsai, “Sensitivities of Depth Resolution to Sampling Depth and Sputter Ion Energy in XPS Depth Profiling” , Proceedings of the 8th Pacific Rim International Congress on Advanced Materials and Processing. Springer, Cham, 2013.
- M. Zhang, B. Liu, S.K. Yu, C.L., “Contact Warning by Monitoring Slider Harmonic Vibration in Head Disk Interface”, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MAGNETICS Vol: 49, Iss: 6, Pages: 2768-2771,JUN 2013.
- M. Zhang, B. Liu, “Measurement of contact potential difference in head disk interface by readback signal spectrum” MICROSYSTEM TECHNOLOGIES, Vol. 18, Iss: 5, Pages: 599-602, MAY 2012.
- P. Wang, H. Du, S. Shen, M. Zhang, B Liu, “ Preparation and characterization of ZnO microcantilever for nanoactuation”, Nanoscale research letters 7 (1), 176.
- G. Si, Y. Zhao, H. Liu, S. Teo, M. Zhang, T Jun Huang, AJ Danner, J Teng, ”Annular aperture array based color filter”, Applied Physics Letters 99 (3), 033105.
- M. Zhang, B. Liu, and S. Hu, “Reader as a contact detector” Appl. Phys. Lett. 94, 241911 (2009).
- M. Zhang, B. Liu and Y.J. Man, “High selectivity etching for texture fabrication on air bearing surface”, IEEE Trans. Magn. Vol. 43, No. 6, pp.2238-2240, 2007.
- M. Zhang, and B. Liu, “Effect of pattern shape on etching wall profile in slider fabrication”, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, Vol. 303, Iss. 2 , Aug. 2006, e106-e109.
- M. Zhang, S,K. Yu, J. Liu, and B. Liu, “Flying height adjustment by slider's air bearing surface profile control”, J. App. Phy. 97(10): Art. No. 10P309 Part 3, MAY 15 2005.
- M. Zhang, Y.S. Hor, G.C. Han, and B. Liu, “Dry etching of AlTiC with CF4 and H2 for slider fabrication” IEEE Trans. Magn. Vol. 39, No. 5, pp.2489-2491, 2003 .
- M. Zhang, L. Gonzaga, Y. S. Hor, and B. Liu “ Micromachining for sub-10nm flying height sliders” Asia-Pacific Magentic recording conference, Singapore, 2002, TU-P-08.
- M. Zhang, Y.S. Hor, G.C. Han, and B. Liu, “Slider curvature adjustment through stress control” IEEE Trans. Magn. Vol. 38, No.5, 2002, pp.2162-2164, 2002.
- M. Zhang, B.C.Cai, X.L.Zhao, Z.G.Wang: "Three-dimensional magnetic field analysis of micromotor by fast Fourier transform" IEEE Trans. Magn. Vol.35, No.5, Sept. pp.3685-3687, 1999.
Zhimin Yuan, Bo Liu, Boon Hao Low, Tiejun Zhou, Siang Huei Leong, Mingsheng Zhang, “Method and data storage device for laser free heat-assisted magnetic recording” , US20140043712A1
Last updated on : 05 Apr 2019 06:42 PM