This page is maintained by
Mr. Leonard Verano GONZAGA
Nanofabrication (NFB) Department
2 Fusionopolis Way, Innovis, #08-03, Singapore 138634
Nanofabrication (Physical Vapour Deposition, ICP Etching)
Singulus Timaris and Rotaris PVD expert on process and hardware
Supports multiple projects in nanofabrication, e.g. Spin Orbit Technology Program (SpOT-LITE)
1993-1998 – Product Design Engineer (Mechanical), Matsushita Electronics (S) Pte Ltd (Panasonic, Singapore)
1998-2018 – Senior Research Engineer, Data Storage Institute (DSI), A*STAR
2018-Present – Principal Specialist I, Institute of Materials Research and Engineering (IMRE), A*RES
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
University of the Philippines at Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
1. A*STAR Go-the-Extra-Mile (GEMS) Award FY18
2. A*STAR economy Drive Monetary award 2012 (Team Award)
3. National Technology Award 2005 (team award) – by A*STAR for the low-flying-height slider development.
4. Technical Achievement Award 2005 (team award) – by Information Storage Industry Consortium (INSIC), San Diego, USA, for the design, fabrication & testing of ultra-low-flying Femto sliders for the INSIC EHDR research program.
5. Innovation Award 2003 (awarded to DSI) – SPRING Singapore for the Femto slider development.
6. Most Outstanding R&D Staff 2003 (team award) – by Data Storage Institute for the successful development of DSI's slider fabrication capability.
Y. Ma, L. Gonzaga, C. An, and B. Liu, “Effect of Laser Heating Duration on Lubricant Depletion in Heat Assisted Magnetic Recording,” IEEE Trans. Magn., VOL. 47, pp. 3445-3448, 2011.
Y. Ma, B. Liu and L. Gonzaga, “Hard Disk Drive Slider”, US 8,514,521 B2, 2013
Last updated on : 03 Apr 2019 02:43 PM