NMC has developed new capabilities on the gas metrology area:
- NMC is developing new measurement method for the determination of polymer bio-degradability.
- NMC has improved Archimedes method for better accuracy density measurement for 3D printed parts.
- Particle mass, size and shape measurement capabilities for liquid suspension, powder and aerosol form particles.
- Airborne particle count measurement capabilities for calibration of counting efficiency of particle counters which is used for air quality and clean room monitoring. The coverage is up to 5 micron in particle diameter, with expanded uncertainty of 4% - 9%.
- Precise measurements of stable isotope of carbon, nitrogen, sulphur, oxygen, and hydrogen using stable Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometer (IRMS) system. The IRMS system can be used for identifying sources of air pollutants and greenhouse gases, compounds of natural gases, and providing fingerprint for food authenticity and food integrity.
The Gas Metrology Laboratory develops, maintains and disseminates gas related national measurement standards and gas related Primary Reference Material (PRM) and Certified Reference Materials (CRM) in Singapore in the areas of automotive gases, greenhouse gases, natural gases, ground level ozone, element isotope analysis, purity analysis, etc. These measurement standards are also developed for measurement and verification of related gas sensors and analysers for indoor/outdoor air quality, industry emission and climate change monitoring. These standards are derived from base unit of mole. Meanwhile, Gas Metrology Laboratory also built up the measurement capabilities of particle mass, shape and size, particle count and isotope analysis.