Accessing the Portal and Terms of Conduct
The following polices are listed on the Portal and each user who logs on will be required to read these terms and click an acknowledgement of conduct before accessing the Portal:
To access the Portal, users must obtain an account from DNAnexus, which will be used for data uploading/downloading and executing of querying applet purposes (see below).
Data use and availability
All users are welcome to use the allele frequency with the results from query of the CHORUS to further their research without seeking explicit permission from the CHORUS team. Users are also welcome to cite data in scientific publications, provided that they cite CHORUS as the source. If users are citing a single dataset represented in the CHORUS, they should cite both the Portal and the relevant paper for that dataset (if one has been published).
Portal users are expected to abide by the following provisions on data use:
1. Users will not attempt to download any dataset in bulk from the Portal
2. Users will not attempt to identify or contact research participants
3. Users will protect data confidentiality
4. Users will not share any of the data with unauthorized users
5. Users will report any inadvertent data release, security breach, or other data
management incidents of which they become aware
6. Users will abide by all applicable laws and regulations for handling genomic data
1. Contributors should have the authority to share their dataset.
2. Contributor can withdraw their dataset at any time.
3. Results once shared with users cannot be withdrawn.
4. All datasets are accessible to all CHORUS users.
Agreeing to these provisions is a requirement of Portal use. Violating them may result in an investigation and sanctions including revocation of access to the Portal.
No warranties, express or implied, are offered as to the merchant ability or fitness for any purpose of the data and aggregate data provided under this agreement. There are no warranties or representations as to the purity, accuracy, safety or usefulness of the data or that the use of the data will not infringe any patent or other proprietary right. Unless prohibited by law, Recipient assumes all liability for claims for damages against it by third parties arising from the Recipient’s use of the Data except when such claims are caused by the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of Provider